cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First and Second Month's Bills

matl
Dabbler

First and Second Month's Bills

I recently switched phone and broadband to plusnet. The phone switch happened 2 weeks after the broadband, and my monthly bills are based on the broadband switch date.
I've just received my bill for the 2nd month and it is for the full monthly amount. However I understood that there would be a credit for the 2 weeks of the first month when plusnet were not providing the 'phone service.
I would be grateful if somebody from plusnet would let me know the answer to the following questions.
Do I get a partial refund for the 2 weeks in the first month during which evening and weekend calls and caller display were not being provided?
When is the anniversary date of my LRS payment?
Any information would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: First and Second Month's Bills

Hi matl,
Welcome aboard Smiley
Quote from: matl
I understood that there would be a credit for the 2 weeks of the first month when plusnet were not providing the 'phone service.

Spot on, however there has been an account specific problem somewhere. I'll send you a refund off your initial invoice shortly. I'll send you a ticket to discuss further.
Just for the record, your LRS expiry is 23/09 Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorted in 29 minutes...can't moan at that Smiley That's what I like about these guys, they either sort it out over these forums, or you give them a quick call and speak to a person you can understand who sorts it out in minutes.
I was due a refund from BT for the difference between my advanced payment for phone/broadband and the switch over to Plusnet. Instead of BT sending me a refund they sent me a bill for £26!!! When I called and asked what it was for they said your broadband! I told them that I'd been with Plusnet for a month and she replied "Oh it's showing on your account as your broadband is with us".
All sorted now though, I spoke to an MD from BT who sorted it out...had her contact details from a complaint I made about how rude/argumentative one of their staff was over the phone who refused blatantly to check something on my account.
Never going back to BT even if they offer 6 months for free Wink
matl
Dabbler

MattyC - Thanks for the welcome and for looking into this so quickly.

Quote from: slavo71
Sorted in 29 minutes...can't moan at that Smiley

Steady on slavo71. I'm not complaining, but it isn't actually sorted yet! However I did raise this on Friday afternoon, and it isn't unreasonable for it to take a few days to resolve.
matl
Dabbler

I've just noticed that the full second month's payment has been taken by DD. However I can't find anything in the bills or tickets sections of your website about a partial refund for the first month.
Please could you let me know how long this is likely to take?
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Matl
I've just issued a refund of £6.06 to cover the 2 weeks of phone line you didn't have.
That will go back  to the card you used to pay initially.
Thanks for your patience.
matl
Dabbler

Jack
Thanks for this.
Could you possible add a ticket with a breakdown of the calculation? I was expecting something of the order of:
(14/365) * LRS + 14/31 * (Call Package + Caller Displaly)
Which is
(14/365) * 155.88 + (14/31) * (2 + 0.99) = £7.33
But I may be missing something.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm sorry this never was sorted.
I actually calculated it at 7.45733333333333.
I'll send you a ticket to confirm how I got to it and will add an additional £1.40.
Matty

EDIT: Ticket 93855008
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
matl
Dabbler

MattyC
I've received the refund payments,
Thanks for sorting this out.