cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First & Last Time

jorvikmik
Grafter

First & Last Time

This was the first time I have ever bothered with a referal and placed the order on the 16th. To speed things up for the new subscriber I paid with my credit card for the 1st month and the modem so that there would be no delay. BT engineer phoned to say that he had completed the work in the exchange on the 20th so I checked online to track the order only to find that it was marked as no hardware ordered. Phoned what appeared to be an overseas call centre who told me that there was no hardware order in place. She quickly altered it to 'hardware ordered' after me pointing out that the invoice showed it to be paid. Now it appears that they posted the modem either on the 22nd or 23rd.
I am not sure when they sort out the referal fee but I see my account is not going to be credited this time as I just got an email saying that it will be the usual £14.65. I have already given the referal money to the new subscriber as we had to talk her into getting broadband and wanted to make it as cheap as possible for her.
Will definitley be steering clear of any more recomendations to anyone never mind making referals.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: First & Last Time

Hi there,
I'm sorry that you new referral has had a poor experience.
Just to confirm a couple of things, you should see your referral credits appearing from your next billing date, presumably because the activation and first months fee were taken after you were billed lasted, or the billing had been scheduled.  The router was also definitely ordered on the 21st and was shipped by our warehouse on the 23rd.
jorvikmik
Grafter

The router arrived this morning with an order date of the 22nd on the label, but why was it not ordered when the order was placed on the 16th? I did think that it would have been ordered straight away and I would have had it last week.
Also I would like to know why the call center staff told me that no order had been made for any hardware, but then altered the tracking page to show it had after I pointed out that I had paid for this as the online invoice showed. She then went on to make out I was a bit thick.
Now either Plusnet had made a mistake, which she said not or Plusnet don't process hardware orders for 5 or 6 days. We wouild like to know which is correct.
Mistakes do happen and I can live with that but not with people who do not admit that they have slipped up.
James
Grafter

Sure - We placed the order at the time that I mentioned.  However, the date that was stamped on the router will have been when our warehouse actually sent the router out.
Regarding when we send out the routers, it's normally once BT have committed to fulfilling a date for the broadband order to be placed.  Clearly this didn't happen on this occasion, and I can only apologise for the frustration that it must have caused your referral.