cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Direct Debit, please check

Mav
Fixes: 514

First Direct Debit, please check

I'm a little confused about my first DD payment due to be taken on 14/11.
On 29th October I paid £28.98 made up as follows:
1 First Month Line Rental - -                     £12.99
1 First Month Anytime Calls Subscription - - £3.50
1 First Month Broadband Subscription - - £7.50
1 P&P for Router                                                              £4.99

With a go-live date of 12th Nov I assumed this would cover 12th Nov to 11th Dec but my billing date remains as it was (before I left in February) on the 9th.
Just received notification the DD for £6.51 as follows:
1 Unlimited charge 09/11/2012 08/12/2012 £25.42
1 Retention Offer - S [removed] - - -£18.91

To me it looks like I have been charged twice for  the same period with the second charged having a discount applied..
Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding how you do billing but please could someone have a look and confirm how these charges were levied.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: First Direct Debit, please check

Hi Mav,
I've had a look into that for you and it's looks like it's the way the discount has been applies.
I have refunded from your broadband cost from your first bill and that will be in your account within 10 days.
I hope this is OK for you.
Chris
Mav

I assume that covers the £6.51 mentioned above plus an amount for 9th to 11th November.
Appreciate you sorting this so promptly.
Thanks.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

Oh dear
I have another notification of a Direct Debit to be taken on or after the 15th Nov for £14.84 for the following:
1   Talk Anytime pro rata charge     from (no date)  to 8/12/2012       £11.69
1   Call plan pro rata charge           From (no date)  to 8/12/2012      £3.15

As mentioned above my first month's broadband has already been paid for.
I also have another email informing me that my second bill will be different from my first as my phone and broadband were activated at different times!
Also received an email this morning informing me (my bold):
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 1Mbps
Current line speed: 21Mbps
You can keep a track of your line speed through our website:

Could someone look into the billing issue and also check that my upload speed is now uncapped, please. When should I see the higher upload rate?
Thanks
PS
Haven't received the PN router yet but maybe it will arrive today.
PPS
Caller display is not yet active. Can you check ticket #61615675  for further details about how this should be applied before doing so. Thanks.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mav,
The pro rata payments are actually correct so we've refunded the phone payment part of the previous invoice (that way you're actually paying for the service received rather than a full month Smiley )
Regarding the email, that seems a bit early - I'll look into that and see what's going on.
As I said in your other thread, the order to uncap the upstream has been placed and will complete tomorrow.
PS: Regarding the router I can't see any P&P charges having been taken and one hasn't been ordered, sorry if this was supposed to be on its way?
PPS: The order to add Caller Display was likewise placed this morning and should complete tomorrow (or possibly this afternoon) for you.
Hope that helps.
Mav

Matt
I can see another credit on my account has appeared today, this time for £16.49.
On the 29th October paid £28.98 which included £4.99 p&p for the router!
That left £23.99 for BB & phone. Go live today (12th) and billing due on the 9th so I calculate the overpayment to be (£23.99/30)*3 (9th, 10th & 11th) a total of £2.40.
You added a charge of £6.51 on the 9th and £14.84 on 12th = £21.35
You have also credited my account with £7.50 on the 9th and £16.49 on 12th = £23.99
This means I have paid £21.35 for my first month as opposed to £21.59 I calculated. I'm happy to leave it at that if you are Wink Smiley
If you look at invoice #37031978 you can see the £4.99 paid for the router's pp.
There's been a few issues since starting my move back. I hope the last of these (router being sent out) can be resolved quickly before I begin to regret my decision Wink

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Many apologies for missing that, the router's now been ordered and should be shipped out this afternoon. Glad you're happy with everything else and hope there are no further hiccups indeed!
Mav

Oops, you spoke too soon, Matt  Sad
There's a note on ticket #61615675 where I was offered a discount of £0.99 for the Caller Display for previous inconvenience yet I'm being charged.
Thanks for sorting the router out, though Smiley

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just changed the amount on your discounts to take that into account - sorry about that. Certainly hope there's nothing further crops up!
Mav

Thanks again, Matt Smiley
Quote from: Matt
Certainly hope there's nothing further crops up!

But that's just it - things will crop up from time to time. It's inevitable.
But what is appreciated here is the timely, friendly manner in which things usually do get sorted  Smiley