cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bill Unused Days

FIXED
PsychoRebenok

First Bill Unused Days

I know this has probably been asked a million times already, but I signed up on the 29th of June and paid £16.99 upfront. That part's fine. But the broadband and phone only went live roughly 2 weeks later.
Will my next bill be reduced to reflect the 2 weeks or so that I paid for but didn't receive?
I'm hoping this is the case. 
Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: First Bill Unused Days

Hi @PsychoRebenok

Welcome to the forums.

Your Billing Date starts on the day that the first service goes live and then the upfront payments are applied to the account. So you shouldn't lose any money and the prepaid money covers the first month of service. So your billing date will be in the middle of the month (going by your timeline) not based on the date you signed up.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
PsychoRebenok

Thanks for the reply.

Although, if the first payment (29/06) covers the first month of service and it didn't go live until 2 weeks later (15/07), should I not be refunded for those 2 weeks?

Or am I missing something blatantly obvious here? 

SpendLessTime
Hero

Fix

You are always billed in advance for line rental and FTTC/ADSL so the payment on the 29th should be moved to be effective from the 15th July to cover the period 15th July to 14th August.

PsychoRebenok

Ok, think I get it now. 

Just don't want to be down any money, even if it is only about £8 lol, it all adds up.

Thanks for your help

SpendLessTime
Hero

You're welcome, hope you noticed the word "Should" in my replies. Just keep an eye on the monthly bills in the members portal https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0 (login required)

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Spendlesstime seems to have this in hand, but just to confirm what they are saying.

Your second month's invoice will only be take once you've had services active for a full month so you don't lose out on your first invoice.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.