cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial difficulties

Fyldeboy

Financial difficulties

When I moved house in April 2018, I was tied into a new 2 year contract for unlimited fibre, which included a premium to cover the address change.  (It was my choice to take on the long and more expensive contract, I could have just kept my existing deal and paid the £100+ moving fee.)

Now my financial situation is difficult and I need to cut costs.  Do plusnet have the ability to downgrade my service?

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Financial difficulties

You’d best be ringing customer options team on 0800 013 2632
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Fyldeboy,

I'm sorry to hear that. We can certainly discuss that with you.

Your best advice is as per @dvorak, please contact our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Call wait times to this department are usually minimal, although there is a 10 minute wait at the moment.

Let us know if you need anything further - LF

Fyldeboy

Thank you guys.

Spoke to customer options, who passed me through to retentions(?) and then (at my request) through to billing / credit control as the last thing I want to do is get into payment problems with PN.

Unfortunately, nothing was possible, indeed one of the lovely people actually said to me (knowing what I wanted) "All we can do is upgrade you" lol.

Need to chat with CAB about my finances as PN don't seem able to do anything, probably because (my words) a contract is, after all, a contract.