cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally had enough of price increases

Miserable
Grafter

Finally had enough of price increases

So I got another email stating the prices agree are going up again. 

Phoned and got a leaving date agreed, foc due to the price increase.  This is the third increase in a short time. 

Today I get an email stating a termination charge...... can someone on here please talk some sense to the idiots in the charging team? 

Thank you,  and if I would like to explain that is only the increases in charges.  The forum on here is fantastic and if the billing was fair I wouldn't even be considering leaving, 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Finally had enough of price increases

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Miserable
Grafter

Thanks for moving this. Apologies for posting incorrectly.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Miserable I am sorry to hear about the email you have received from ourselves.

I have had a look into your account and responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I noticed that if you sign into Plusnet over a VPN that they will offer to move your phone & broadband to Plusnet and offer you all the special "discounts" and cashback that they wouldn't offer to a loyal Plusnet customer - even if you are one.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon Miserable ,

When you called did you state the reason you were leaving was because of the recent price increase

Anyone who calls in to leave must state the reason they are leaving is because of the price increase nothing else

VileReynard  is quite right about special discounts/offers for new customers

New rules coming in from 15 February next year hopefully will help

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/15/phone-broadband-firms-forced-tell-customers-could-cheape...

Brian A

Miserable
Grafter

That is exactly what I stated.

Apparently it only applies to the Early Termination charges. It doesn't apply to Early Termination charges!

from the Ticket;

Currently, you are within a contract a contractual agreement for your fibre subscription up until 04/02/2020 this is the reason why the early termination fee has been generated. The early termination fee includes the pro-rota costs of the usage of your services until your line has been taken over which is scheduled for  

So although you can cancel with no charges, there are charges. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand

Apparently it only applies to the Early Termination charges. It doesn't apply to Early Termination charges! 

You should only pay PlusNet up to the day you leave  and as you pay in advance you should get a refund for the days left in that period

Brian A

Miserable
Grafter

From the email sent to me;

You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay.

Because you're moving your broadband before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at XXXXX. You can find out more information about this in our Price guide.

Your cancellation bill

Your cancellation bill will include:

The charge to cancel your services, detailed above

A final charge to cover your services for the period between your previous bill and the transfer date

Any applicable charges for broadband usage and calls made in the period between your previous bill and the transfer date

We'll use the details stored on your account to take the payment. If you pay by Direct Debit please don't worry about cancelling it, we'll take care of it once all your charges have been paid.

Miserable
Grafter

@Anonymous 

Me neither. 

I have to pay an additional fee because I am cancelling but there are no cancellation charges. In fact I was advised I would get a refund on the monthly charge1

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is that the same thing as a "cessation charge" GrinGrinGrinGrinCrazy3

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your message @Miserable.

I'm afraid the previous advice given is incorrect - we currently have an issue whereby the email you've received is not showing at our end, which is why @Dumbledore has advised there'd be charges.

Please disregard this - In your circumstances, there are no early termination fees to pay.

The automated email you've received stating that there are charges has also been sent in error - I'll update the account notes now to reflect this.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Miserable
Grafter

Thank you.  I'll leave this open until the bill is recieved.

I will point out,  and I hope this gets read by someone who makes these decisions to increase prices,  that as my mobile phone renewal is just after my contract would have run out with plusnet you have not only lost a broadband deal,  a TV deal,  a BT Sport deal but also 2 mobile phone contracts. 

I understand you'll make more than you'll lose but if you upset enough people you won't have profit.