cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final payment

jasonfreeman
Grafter

Final payment

Can someone from Plusnet check my account to see if there is a date agreed for a final payment of my broadband and phone please as I am transferring to Sky on Tuesday 8th April?
31 REPLIES 31
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Re: Final payment

Can someone reply to my post or reply to question number: 83335254 that I last updated on Thursday 3 April at 7:23pm please
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jasonfreeman
as I am probably transferring to Sky on Tuesday 8th April?

You can't be definite as it will need an OpenReach engineer and so could be delayed. Your best bet is to raise a ticket as soon as Sky is live confirming you have left which will allow calculation of the final bill.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Also there may well be call charges which can take a couple of days to come through
jasonfreeman
Grafter

I got a letter from sky saying I won't need an engineer visit and I have raised a ticket I was just wondering if Plusnet would take the final payment from my account and cancel my account and contract or would I need to call them to do this?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In theory you shouldn't need to inform Plusnet but it is always a good idea to do so when the changeover has happened
I assume that you have already received the Sky router
You misunderstood the point about BT Openreach - the engineer will need to go to the exchange to make the change not to your house
jasonfreeman
Grafter

I have received the sky router and Plusnet know that my broadband and phone is transferred over on tuesday but I was wondering if I would have to call Plusnet to sort the final billing out or if they would just take the final total bill out of my account on tuesday and cancel my account without any input from me?
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Can anyone comment and answer my question?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sections 6 & 7 here
jasonfreeman
Grafter

So does my account automatically cancel on tuesday the 8th when the transfer has complete or will i have to phone Plusnet?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Point 8 under Moving Providers here
jasonfreeman
Grafter

I have requested on a ticket to have my account closed as I am transferring to sky on tuesday 8th April so do I need to do anything els now?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So when they close your account as you have requested and for some reason the transfer hasn't happened - BT Openreach don't do their stuff on time what would you expect to happen
I will tell you one thing which could happen - the account gets closed and a cease is put on the line if it is still with Plusnet
As I stated earlier in this thread - you should only inform them after Sky have actually taken over the line
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Migrating confusion

Hello, I have chosen my new broadband and phone provider, my transfer date is on Tuesday 8th April and a question was raised by Plusnet on my account about PSTN cease and will be completed on Tuesday 8th April but now I don't know what to do. Do I need to ring Plusnet or when the transfer is complete my new provider will let Plusnet know that the transfer is complete? I really don't know what I need to do now can someone help me with this?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jasonfreeman
I have requested on a ticket to have my account closed as I am transferring to sky on tuesday 8th April so do I need to do anything els now?

So you are asking for your Plusnet line to be ceased so that you have to pay the cessation charge?
You are also asking for your Plusnet email to be closed. Most people like their account to be downgraded so that they can continue using their Plusnet address until all their contacts have been informed of the change.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)