cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill woes - please help.

de79plus

Final bill woes - please help.

Hello

Some weeks ago I signed a new 12 month contract for broadband. I then changed my mind having found a better offer elsewhere and rang up to cancel. No issues, within my cooling off period. The operator seemed to struggle to cancel the product properly but assured me all was well.

I then get an email through with the case notes, saying that the product could not be cancelled, but if the customer left, to write off all charges.

I rang back concerned that if I left PlusNet, the automated system would kick in and there would be charges, despite the case note. A different operator assured me all would be well.

I left PlusNet.

I receive a final bill of £105 the vast majority of it was "cancellation charge".

I rang back, operator once again reviewed case notes and assured me I was not liable, and to cancel my direct debit. I expressed huge concern that if I cancelled the direct debit it would start a whole world of new problems. He assured me he had added another note to say I was not liable for any charges, and was passing it immediately to the cancellation/billing team to remove the charges and close the account.

I get an email complaining that I've cancelled my direct debit and to please set it up again.

This morning I get another email, payment reminder, still owing £105.

Please, please, please could someone competent step in and sort this mess out because it doesn't seem to matter how many hour-long phone calls I seem to make, it doesn't get sorted.

Thankyou.

7 REPLIES 7
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Final bill woes - please help.

Hey @de79plus,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies to see this has occurred, I have created a ticket on your account for you to look over here.

de79plus

Thankyou for creating a ticket Mads but unfortunately as my account has been closed, I can't view it or comment on it.

I did however get an email saying it had been placed on hold for a week, shortly before getting another email asking me once again for payment for the money I don't owe.

Can you advise:

- What the holdup is?

- How long it will take to get these false charges cleared down, as it's been several weeks already? 

- If it's even remotely likely to be done before I get referred to your "debt management" like soooo many other poor folk on here.

Regards, Dave.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @de79plus

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry that you are unable to view the details in the ticket on your account.

Your online account access is still enabled so should be able to get on to your member centre. I might suggest possibly try resetting your password to enable you to view all details on the issue in hand.

I have sent you a ticket that you can view here and along with this a notification to the email address registered to the account.

de79plus

Hello.

Just for your information, another payment reminder, £5 added to my "bill" due to non-payment, and my "service" restricted.

6 weeks now since account closure, and 3 weeks since the final "bill" was issued and my initial contact to resolve this.

Please could you oblige me and answer:

1) What the delay is, and how long is this going to take?

2) When will this amount I "owe" be passed to "Debt Collection"?

2 very clear questions there.

Thankyou

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @de79plus, looking over the account it is with our billing team who are trying to resolve this for you and will be updated tomorrow for you by this team. Hopefully they should be able to advise tomorrow in regards to your second question but looking into it further it seems we have not passed this along.

de79plus

Hello Mads.

To my utter amazement, no update arrived today, which means both my very simple questions remain unanswered.

Please could you answer them?

Regards, Dave.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @de79plus,

Thanks for getting back to us and we are sorry you haven't received the promise update. I have chased this up for you and responded via your ticket.

If you have any further quearies, please reply via the ticket if possible and I will pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team