cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill - how do I make Plusnet send it to me? It's been two months after cancellation!

Neba

Final bill - how do I make Plusnet send it to me? It's been two months after cancellation!

Hi, how can I make Plusnet send me my final bill? They keep trying to charge the monthly payments although the service was cancelled and the internet disconnected in August - 2 months ago!

Called them many times, tried to chat - nothing changes, keep sending me their fake bills, threatening with penalties and to disconnect the service (that was disconnected 2 months ago). I did receive the confirmation that the service was disconnected Aug. 31. The consultant adviced cancelling direct debit which I did.

I asked about their complaints procedure and that guy literary refused to answer, which is illegal. He also refused to provide info over chat - I think they imagine they can say anything on the phone and it can't be proved? 

Their website goes in loops and I can't raise the proper ticket as it can only be done on some very specific narrow topics.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Final bill - how do I make Plusnet send it to me? It's been two months after cancellation!

@Neba

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Only use the web form as you want a written audit trial (especially given your past experiences on Chat and phone)

You should also inform OFCOM that Plusnet are not closing your account and are demanding money that they are not entitled to. Although OFCOM will not help you directly, they will use the information to investigate Plusnet if enough people complain. Plusnet were fined £880k last year for billing people once they left.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Final bill - how do I make Plusnet send it to me? It's been two months after cancellation!

Hello @Neba,

Thanks for getting in touch via the forum and I am sincerely sorry for the experience you have had. I can see that my colleague has responded in regards to your query on another thread here.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and can assure you we have taken the necessary steps to get this resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved to My Account / Billing from Broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Neba

Thanks! I have already informed Ofcom, and if they don't resolve it soon I'll have to file a complaint with Ombudsman Services... So far I have received yet another "cancellation request" confirmation from Plusnet (I think there have been 2 already) but still no final bill! They should actually refund people for all the wasted time and stress they cause. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Neba,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that we have since updated the open ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team