Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill after service has been terminated

FIXED
CarolynG
Dabbler

Final bill after service has been terminated

Good evening,

My PN broadband service ended very early hours of 9 July (switched provider).  I had expected that my bill due today (11 July) would be the final bill and show the early termination charges due (as contract was to Oct 2020) and also a small credit for 9-10 July.

Unfortunately I’ve been billed another month in advance for 11 July - 10 August, with no sign of it being any different to the normal monthly bill.

Can someone at Plusnet please confirm rough timescale as to when I should expect the corrected final bill and the corresponding refund (as there is a credit balance on my account, which will still be the case even after the early termination charges have been applied)?

Many thanks Smiley

8 REPLIES 8
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Final bill after service has been terminated

Plusnet normally generate the final bill 10 days after the service is terminated. It is normal for a routine bill to appear before this. Any credit is normally sorted out when the final bill appears

CarolynG
Dabbler

Ahaaa that makes sense, thanks.  I was hoping that with the service ending before the monthly bill, it might have caught up in time but no worries Smiley

Thanks again!

agedgopher
All Star

Fix

My apologies, my brain has gone AWOL after a day in the sun. Final sills are 21 days after termination.

Sorry

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@agedgopher  I suspect you mean bills are 21 days after termination.😀

CarolynG
Dabbler

No worries, thanks for updating me Smiley  I'll expect it around the end of the month then.

agedgopher
All Star

@RealAleMadrid 

I am a billy bod!

CarolynG
Dabbler

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it's now August 1st and still no sign of a final bill.

There is automatic 'question' stating that both telephone and broadband have been ceased, but nothing further.

Surely to goodness it can't take this long to figure out what's what.  Account still shows next bill date as 11th August; mind you it also still shows that I'm on a broadband contract which expires in October and not that it's actually been ceased.  Meanwhile I've cancelled DD as account is in credit in any case.

If a PN person could please chase up final bill and get refund moving, I'd appreciate it!  Smiley

CarolynG
Dabbler

Just received a call from Lauren at Plusnet, apparently the billing side of the termination was stuck and she is getting that sorted.  Much appreciated, so a big thank you to Lauren Smiley