cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill

sunshine123

Final Bill

Hi, I got my MAC key from PN and gave it to my new provider. My new service provider started on the 7th March and I have been waiting on my final bill. My calculations are that I owed £25 for cancellation and I was owed a refund for service paid 07th March - 13th March (phone and broadband).
I got a bill on the 14th and there was no mention of cancellation fee and it was charging me for the next month. I called to enquire and was told my new provider doesn't seem to have told you I'd left. The MAC key PN provided was used; do you not get notification of this? Either way I was advised my new provider would tell you and if you need confirmation then please contact them.
I received an e-mail today saying my account will be cancelled on the 25th March and could I chase up the £7.96 payment and the £25.00 cancellation fee.
I will not be paying £7.96 as I left on the 07th March. I am owed money so it can be deducted off the £25 cancellation fee and I will then settle the final bill.  If you check my usage you will see there has been no usage since the 07th March (early hours). In fact we were unable to connect to PN during the day of the 07th as we were no longer with PN.
I hope this can be resolved quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Final Bill

your ten days notice normally starts on the day you ask for your MAC code, but of course, you can start your notice earlier, in theory, both ISP's should talk to each other but in practice it doesnt happen in a large number, much better to tell PN you have actually left
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you used a MAC code to move there shouldn't be a cancellation fee
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What was the date you applied for your MAC?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
To clarify this we request 10 days notice for a cancellation.
You requested the MAC key as far as I can see on 18/2/11 so the notice period started there.
We then billed you on 14/2/10 for a full month
As you then migrated away on 7/3/11 that means you needed to pay for the service used between 14/2/11 and 7/3/11 which equates to £12.94 in your case.
This is calculated as £11.99 line rental + £6.49 value subscription divided by 30 days times by the 21 days between the 2 dates
Bearing in mind that for subscription services we charged you for your previous account type (Extra) so minus any calls or additional data, the bill was £23.48
Take away the £12.94 = £10.52.
So we owe YOU.
I must apologise for this seemingly being handled incorrectly in the first place.
I think mentions of a £25 cessation fee which is not applicable and a change of account type have complicated things here.
I'll put the refund through ASAP for you. Give me a shout if you think I've errored here or if my explanation is not clear.
EDIT: PS do you want to update your card details for the refund? I'll remove them once it's done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team