Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill Problem

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Final Bill Problem

You're right. I'd missed that one.
Should be sorted now, the outstanding balance matches your calculations too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
OllyM
Grafter

Thank you Chris - I am very disappointed that it took me arguing the point on here to get it right though Sad
The live chat person yesterday was so rude and insisted the charges were correct which was totally un-necessary. How many other people have been overcharged but not questioned it?
Chris
Legend

The only charge that was incorrectly taken or requested was the subscription charges after the migration.
The quote you've provided from the price guide says (Excluding Line Rental Saver customers). However as the line rental saver was no longer in place as we'd passed 12 months, the account was no longer a line rental saver account so the final 6 months of the contract should have been charged upon cancellation. I credited the phone side of this off as a gesture of goodwill, but really the fee was correct initially.
I hope that helps explains things.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
OllyM
Grafter

I don't want to argue but the line rental saver covered up to January 9th which was the day of the migration so it was still (just) inside the 12 month line rental saver period?
Presumably the next bill would have charged for line rental from January 10th on a monthly basis if the service had continued...
It doesn't matter, it's been sorted now.
Chris
Legend

I agree the wording on the page could be better, really it should clarify that any months remaining after the line rental saver expires would be charged at the applicable rates upon cancellation. As you've said, we've sorted it in this instance anyway.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@Petecov44
Sorry to hear of your situation, however a pay query from when you worked here several years ago really isn't applicable in this instance.

Oh but it is.. You want something from me. I want something from you. Luckily the law states these records need to be kept on file for 6 years. So that's handy Smiley
petecov44
Grafter

yeah blah blah
g1000
Grafter

I agree the wording on the page could be better, really it should clarify that any months remaining after the line rental saver expires would be charged at the applicable rates upon cancellation. As you've said, we've sorted it in this instance anyway.

I agree fully with OllyM that this is not a clarification but a materially different policy to that written in the price guide.
The price guide as it stands can only be read one way by a reasonable person fluent in English: there is a charge for early termination dependent on the months left of the contract, and any exception to this charge (in this case for Line Rental Saver customers) must refer to the customer status at the time of termination. How can one be a customer after termination...
I hope you will speak to the necessary people to get it changed ASAP (why wouldn't Plusnet change it, unless they want to deliberately mislead).
I'm glad I got everything saved and emailed from Live Chat relating to early termination charges (just before this thread started), precisely because I thought it wasn't clear at all and may lead to shenanigans. What wasn't cleared up was why despite only one month left to be paid, the cancellation charge is stated on my account as £11 (2x£5.50). Then again, in my portal prices are all a mess, things showing as £0 when they are not etc. I was told to sort the £11 out when I cancelled over the phone, but OllyM's 'extra month' charge sounds familiar. I've learned the hard way from these sorts of things to just cancel the direct debit and pay off the final bill by other means.
g1000
Grafter

As I expected, looks like nobody at Plusnet cares.
OllyM
Grafter

Still not quite resolved - Plusnet haven't taken payment for the final £10.02 outstanding.
My partner's mum tried to call a few times to make payment but gave up after waiting in a queue for ages.
We logged on and added credit card details to the account and sent a ticket asking them to take payment from that, but received a reply saying it could only be done over the phone.
Do you see where I'm going with this...? We're going round in circles!
I'm concerned this will get passed on to a debt collection agency shortly even though multiple attempts have been made to pay, and Plusnet have valid card details on file. Plusnet cancelled the direct debit - if this had been left in place the fees could have been collected from there as well!
Chris
Legend

@OllyM
Can you let me know (via PM) the best number to call and I'll ring to sort this out.
@g1000
It's not that noone cares, simply that nobody has replied to this thread. If the customer is still within the line rental saver period, then yes I'd agree with you. If they are out of the line rental saver period and still have remaining months left on the contract then I believe the fees are correct.
g1000
Grafter

Sorry Chris, but you've given two contradictory policies. Which is the correct one as intended by Plusnet?
Example: I take out a phone contract for 18 months and line rental saver for 12 months, both at the same time. After exactly 5 months, I terminate early.

Under this policy, I would pay 6 months (18 minus 12) of phone early termination charges. This is because 6 months of the contract remain after the line rental saver expires.
If the customer is still within the line rental saver period, then yes I'd agree with you. If they are out of the line rental saver period and still have remaining months left on the contract then I believe the fees are correct.

Under this policy (and under the price guide as written) I would pay no phone early termination charges. This is because I am still within the line rental saver period, and am a Line Rental Saver customer, at the time of termination.
Chris
Legend

Let me follow this up tomorrow when I can talk to a couple of people.
g1000
Grafter

What happened please?
Chris
Legend

The information I was given was as I'd previously posted. If the customer is outside of the line rental saver period, then the early termination charges for each remaining contracted month would be payable.