Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill Problem

OllyM
Grafter

Final Bill Problem

Hi,
My partner's mum (Username lyndsaynem) recently left Plusnet to go to BT while still contracted.
You have raised a final bill for the cancellation charges which are due, but this seems higher than it should be.
I was under the impression from the price guide that if you had line rental saver, no phone early termination fees would be charged but you have added these to the final bill on top of the broadband cancellation fee. We have attempted to query this twice via the live chat - on Monday somebody raised a ticket (number 98653333) asking for it to be looked at but this was closed today saying it had been manually worked out and was correct.
We used the live chat again today but this time spoke to somebody very rude who seemed to totally mis-understand the point and refused to raise it again.
Please can somebody look at this again and get it sorted?
30 REPLIES 30
petecov44
Grafter

Re: Final Bill Problem

Good luck with that pal..
I was made homeless and they are trying to chase me for £196 which is far more than the £121 quoted in the portal. Still with NFA they will have fun with their debt collection company. WHen i worked there I did 16 hours of overtime once I was never paid for (under link:csa removed) so maybe ill send them an invoice for all those hours and then chase them through a DCA also.
I too rang and was spoken to like garbage. [Censored] them. They want the bad publicity then they shall have it.
adie:red removed staff name
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@OllyM
I'm getting someone to have a look at the account in question, I'll reply on there.
@Petecov44
Sorry to hear of your situation, however a pay query from when you worked here several years ago really isn't applicable in this instance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@OllyM
It is really rather stupid
If you look at the cancellation charges they include charging for Evening and Weekends or Anytime eyc. but if you cancel those before moving there isn't any charge http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html Table 2.6
Package Monthly early termination charge
Weekends £5.35
Evenings & Weekends £6.75
Anytime £7.90
Anytime International 300 £9.30
Mobile £8.10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

There should be no charge, in 13. just above that table it says "..... The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet Talk service within this period (Excluding Line Rental Saver customers)."
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Good point except that wasn't what I was told and doesn't reflect the cancellation charges shown on my account
I will watch this with interest
OllyM
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@OllyM
I'm getting someone to have a look at the account in question, I'll reply on there.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply, but we still don't agree with the way that it has been calculated.
The line rental saver ran until January 10th and the migration happened on the 9th, therefore surely no phone cancellation fees should apply as per the price guide? I would expect 6 months worth of the broadband termination fee to be charged which is £5.50 x 6 = £33. Then the invoice raised on January 10th for £20.86 should have been credited in full (apart from the £3.38 of call charges) as this covered the period just after the broadband and phone had been migrated out, leaving a balance of £15.52 to pay to close the account.
Why are you charging for the phone cancellation when the price guide states this doesn't apply to line rental saver customers?
You raised an invoice (number 57370341) the day AFTER the service had migrated and took this by direct debit. I wonder if perhaps people are looking at this and thinking the service continued in to February? Like I said above the phone and broadband both migrated on January 9th to BT.
This whole thing seems like an absolute mess  Sad
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and don't forget that any Early Termination charges cannot be more than you would have paid under the contract. So if you're on a £2.50/month deal it can't be more than that. See Ofcom guidance http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/addcharges/pes_statement
Ofcom's final guidance is that:
    We expect a minimum contract period to be clearly highlighted and easy to understand;
    We think that a charge for ending a contract early will usually be fair provided:
        it is absolutely clear before you sign that you risk having to pay a charge if you end the deal early
        you know how much that charge will be
        the charge will never be more than the remaining amounts you would have normally paid
        it reflects any savings a company might make when you cancel the deal, or anything that they can re-sell

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllyM
Grafter

When I terminated my FTTC about 9 months into an 18 month contract due to moving house I had line rental saver and I'm sure I didn't pay any phone termination charges as per the policy. I only paid the broadband termination charges.
Chris
Legend

The Line Rental Saver was for 12 months, however the agreed contract length was 18 months so there is a remaining 6 months there which is why the fees are where they are. Sorry if there was any confusion on this, however I've spoken directly to the team leader on the billing team and they've confirmed the above to me.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
OllyM
Grafter

Why does the price list say that the phone early termination charges don't apply to line rental saver customers then? At the time the migration happened the account had a valid line rental saver subscription. And why did I not get charged them in a similar situation back in August?
13. Contracted phone packages (after 18th December 2012) are subject to a minimum period of 12 / 18 (with broadband) or 18 (with fibre) months. The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet Talk service within this period (Excluding Line Rental Saver customers).

If that is not the case then surely your price guide shouldn't say that?
dick:quote
Chris
Legend

Let me have another look.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I never realised that the Phone contract was anything other than 12 months, I see now it IS with Fibre...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

@OllyM
I've updated the ticket I created.
OllyM
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thank you, we're getting somewhere now.
My final concern is that invoice 57370341 was raised after the migration took place and as far as I know payment was taken for this by direct debit. This covered the period of January 10th to February 9th so after the service migrated away, so surely this should be credited in full (other than the £3.38 of call charges)? Therefore leaving a balance to pay of £27.50 - £17.48 = £10.02 to close the account?
Otherwise as things stand the service from January 10th to February 9th has been charged for in full but not received?
dick:quote