Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade agreed, but availability checker states 'Waiting list'

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Fibre upgrade agreed, but availability checker states 'Waiting list'

Coming to the end of my contract, I was very pleased to be offered an upgrade from ADSL to FTTC at a very reasonable price.

Having signed up for it, I then received an email advising me that 'Your new package will be active on: 14/01/2022.'

This morning I checked the BT Wholesale availability checker, which states that VDSL has a 'waiting list' at my cabinet and exchange (cab 22, Sharrow Exchange.)

This obviously begs a few questions:

What, if anything, can I expect to happen on the 14th (FTTC, ADSL, nothing😮)

Is the availability checker to be relied upon - if it is correct why have Plusnet offered me a product which is currently unavailable? (My broadband did drop during the signup process - presumably an automated test which I would have hoped was to confirm that the upgrade was a viable proposition...)

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Fibre upgrade agreed, but availability checker states 'Waiting list'

@JayG 

Plusnet work off the same database. Maybe you have been allocated the last available port. I suggest that you just keep your fingers crossed and see what happens.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JayG
Pro

Thanks for the reply @Baldrick1  - that is a possibility of course, but with the sign up only 2 days ago it's pushing at the boundaries of probability pretty hard (not to mention assuming an unusually rapid completion of the order by Openreach? 🤔)

Everything is indeed crossed!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JayG  You may be OK, if you've had a confirmation of the upgrade that should mean that the order has been accepted by Openreach which would only happen if there was availability when the order was placed. I have read of people constantly checking for the waiting list indication to disappear then getting an order in immediately to claim the available line and it can be successful

Let's hope it goes well for you.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @JayG, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the concern caused when checking the availability checker. It's very likely that at the time we offered you the service, it did show as available. I have seen it on a few occasions where it can show as available and then the day after go back to waiting list.

I have checked on your order and at present it is in a committed state; it does look like after being processed the suppliers have committed this to complete on the 3rd February. I'm sorry this is longer than expected, at this stage there isn't anything on the order to suggest any problems but I've created a ticket with our provisioning team just so we can keep an eye on the order for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
JayG
Pro

Thanks @LaurenB for investigating - I'll uncross everything and relax, safe in the knowledge that the OR we know and love hasn't metamorphosed overnight into a completely different beastie! 😏