cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre packages question

Vikpal
Grafter

Fibre packages question

I am a bit confused on the PlusNet fibre packages and would be grateful if someone could clear this up:
I have enrolled for Fibre broadband a while ago and used to be on the old package called "Value Fibre and Phone". This package had a download limit of 40 GB and a speed limit of 38 Mbps and was around £14.99 per month. A few months back, I found that I was exceeding this limit, (the speeds were fine) so asked to be moved to the next tier package "Unlimited fibre and Phone". This package at the time had a download limit of 80 GB and a speed of 76 Mbps and was around £19.99 per month. This is what I think I am currently on.
If one looks at PlusNet offerings today, there is a "Unlimited fibre " offering at £14.99 (after the rebate period is over) with no limits but 38 Mbps speed and an "Unlimited fibre Extra" at £19.99 with no limits but 76 Mbps speeds.
I have no use for the extra speed so would like to drop down to the "new" Unlimited fibre package. Why does my account show that I am on "Unlimited fibre" package? Shouldnt I be on the "Unlimited fibre extra" package given that I was on the top tier earlier?  I am now confused...
3 REPLIES 3
Vikpal
Grafter

Re: Fibre packages question

I had a ticket open 93409384  but it only served to confused me further.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You will be on the 'old' Unlimited Fibre (I thought that was called 'Fibre Unlimited' but I could be wrong), not the same as the current 'Unlimited Fibre' or 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'.
You should be able to change to the current product by clicking on 'Product change' from the member centre: https://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi Vikpal,
If you want to switch to the unlimited package on the 40mb download (rather than 80mb), could you please reply to ticket id 93409384 that is on your account. We'll then arrange the change with BT for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team