cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order with no updates

mikehiow
Grafter

Fibre order with no updates

I ordered Fibre for my new property last week following the advice of an agent on the live chat.
I move in on the 23rd and there were install options presented to me for the 25th - this seemed perfect, so I chose morning and afternoon of the 25th and morning of the 26th.
My concern that this is a week away and I've not heard anything.
I've made the switch from Sky based on the dates that were presented to me, otherwise I'd have stuck with Sky who could have at least got me going with ADSL2+ from day one as the line is already with Sky.
What is the likely hood of it actually happening next week? Will I get any kind of confirmation soon and what are my options if the install is weeks away?
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre order with no updates

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying - looks like this has been answered on your ticket?
In any case I'm afraid it's not going to happen on the date you requested, the earliest date we could get was the 3rd April. Sorry about that.
mikehiow
Grafter

Yep, it's unfortunate but not the end of the world. Thanks anyway.
I'm curious though, I seem to have had conflicting text messages.
The first says my Broadband will be installed on 03/04/2013.
The second says my Broadband will be active by midnight 04/04/2013 and I should not plug my router in until then.
Why is there nearly a 36 hour delay between installation and activation on an engineer installed product?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The emails are tailored to ADSL which can activate after the order completes. Don't worry, the account and service will be active for when the engineer arrives so once he's got everything wired up you'll be able to connect fine.
mikehiow
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
Any chance you could respond whether you can use a USB 3G dongle with the Fibre routers here? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113164.0.html