cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install today - fault on the line. Now what?

ctb0503
Dabbler

Re: Fibre install today - fault on the line. Now what?

That's the thing, though - OR keep telling us that work needs to be completed before it can be installed, yet seem incredibly reluctant to to complete the work. We haven't had sight nor sound of any engineer since the very first appointment back on the 10th May. To the point where I can't help but think that they're just putting it off and off.
My fiancee is off work the entirety of next week (when she will be unable to do any school planning, thanks to having no internet) , so will be keeping a close eye out as to whether anyone ever actually shows up to do any work on the line. We're not holding our breath, and fully expect another delay excuse from OR.
Is there no way to escalate this call with OR themselves and get an actual committed date for this to be resolved? It feels very much like we're completely in the dark, and being held hostage by them at this point.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I'm sorry for the continuing delay. I've raised this with one of the provisioning team leaders in order to get this escalated as far as is possible with our suppliers, we'll update you as soon as we have any more information on that (I hope later today).
ctb0503
Dabbler

Thank you for that, Matt. Hopefully that starts to move things on a little. I'll keep you updated with what happens  Smiley
ctb0503
Dabbler

Just an update -
Got a message from the provisioning team this afternoon to say that an escalation has been raised on my ticket. Just wanted to say thank you for that - keeping my fingers crossed that this escalation will finally get Openreach to do something about it!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ctb0503

No problem, I'll make sure you're gratitude is passed on, I can see that "leaning" on our suppliers is needed in this case so I hope this gets resolved soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ctb0503
Dabbler

It seems that, despite the call having been escalated, OR still have no updates to give us until 31/5. I realise that this is tomorrow (and what's one more day when we've been waiting 3 weeks already) but I'm getting very concerned that the only thing they'll have to say tomorrow is - Sorry, no further updates, work is continuing, check back in another week.
Can someone confirm with OR that the work that they have been aware of for the past 10 days *will* still be going ahead tomorrow? That an engineer is at least booked in come out and see to the problem and start to get things moving? I desperately don't want to end up back here tomorrow, having been let down by OR yet again.
The only reason for the delay we have been given is the incredibly vague 'external work' is required. Can someone explain, exactly, what is it that needs doing? All I can fathom is that there is some cable that needs renewing, but I have no idea outside of that.
If some forward progress isn't made by tomorrow, then I really don't know where to go from here. What makes it more disheartening is that this is only step #1 of 3 (external work, then a dig team, then another job for external wiring) and, as it's taken this long with nothing having happened, I can only feel very pessimistic that I'll even have a working broadband connecton any time in the next year.
I realise the problem lies with OR, and not specifically with Plusnet, but if someone could seriously push for this work to move forward, I would be very grateful.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm sorry weren't able to reply to your post yesterday and I fully understand your frustration surrounding this.
I've checked with our suppliers and the issue is due to be reviewed today, granted it hasn't been yet but we will need to allow some time for that to happen today.
With that in mind I will come back to this for you this afternoon and chase up any progress on this before coming back to you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ctb0503
Dabbler

Thanks Adam - here's hoping it's finally some good news today.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just letting you know this has been chased up and there's a new update on the ticket for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ctb0503
Dabbler

So, basically, what the update boils down to is yet another delay with our order. This is really just unacceptable at this point. Saying that its due to "technical issues" is about as useful as saying that it has been delayed "just because".
Yet another week will roll around, and it'll be one more week we'll be without either a working telephone or broadband line, 5 weeks after we initially placed our order. And when we finally do get to the 6/6 the line is simply "up for review by the dig team". Which is essentially translated to "be delayed again due to technical issues". And so the process will repeat.
Exactly what has been happening with the issue for the past weeks that this issue has been known about, if it hasn't been being regularly reviewed? What difference is one more "up for review" going to make?
Is there really no earthly way in which PlusNet are able to force their suppliers to expedite this? The past 5 weeks have been an incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience and all we ask for is the working services we were promised.
With the current situation in mind we are left with no other choice than to continue to pursue a formal complaint (which we are still awaiting a response to, 7 days after we submitted it). We will also have no other choice than to take the matter to Ofcom, our local MP and to take advice on whom else we can contact who has the power to push to get this issue resolved.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi ctb0503,
Sorry to hear that this hasn't been resolved for you.
We have escalated this with our suppliers as this has been going on for too long.
I can see that the next update is set for the 6th but I'm going to see if I can do anything before this date.
We've received your online complaint and the current response time is 5 working days, we'll be responding to you shortly on this.
I'll update you as soon as I can.

ctb0503
Dabbler

Thanks Chris -
If something could happen before the 6th (as soon as possible, ideally) then this would be a big help. All of the delays are getting incredibly frustrating and, while we don't want to look elsewhere (as I'm sure it'll be great once it eventually gets up and running) it's getting to the point where we may have no other choice Sad
Just some kind of good news would be a godsend, right about now.
Edit -
Also, we would be very interested to hear the issues that are causing the delay in the first place - It would be very helpful to know exactly what the 'technical reasons' are, that keep getting in the way.
ctb0503
Dabbler

Hi,
Has there been any updates on this yet?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The next update from our suppliers is due on Thursday I believe, we'll not be able to get anything before then unfortunately.
ctb0503
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
The next update from our suppliers is due on Thursday I believe, we'll not be able to get anything before then unfortunately.

Quote from: chrispurvey
I can see that the next update is set for the 6th but I'm going to see if I can do anything before this date.

So this was a no-go then?
Also, I'd like a copy of the engineer notes on this issues, as I've been informed that a fault on the line should not have prevented the digging work going ahead, way back on the 21st, yet that appears to be exactly what has happened in this case.