Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install appointment

Jonesey42
Dabbler

Fibre install appointment

Hi,
I'm due to have fibre installed on Mon 1/10th, but before I book the day off work, is it possible to get confirmation from BT ?. By looking through these forums ppl don't have much confidence by the OpenReach crew.
And can someone tell me when I will be able to use Plusnet as my email ?. I have set it up for when I change over but I get a wrong username/password when I try and use it. Do I have to wait til my account is active before it works?.
Thanks for and help you can provide,
David
11 REPLIES 11
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre install appointment

Plusnet staff will have to check your install appointment and reply (tomorrow).
Are you moving to fibre from an existing Plusnet product or is this a new service?
In the former case Plusnet e-mail should be working already. In the latter case I think you should be able to receive mail to your Plusnet mailbox but might have to use webmail for sending until your broadband account is activated. Have you created a mailbox at http://email.plus.net?
David too
David
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Thanks for your assistance spraxyt.
I am a new customer moving from talk talk .
Afaik I have created a email username when I signed up to plusnet and there is a plusnet email address for me in my connection settings.
It's just when I try and use it, I get a username/ password box.
Thanks,
David
prichardson
Grafter

Hi David,
According to our suppliers system, they have the appointment correctly recorded. Their system that references the Openreach engineer system also confirms that the appointment is still correctly built as described.
Please don't take this as certainty this will go ahead though. As you note, we have seen problems of late even with confirmed appointments. It must also be noted that we are expecting further possible delays, as and when they have to declare resource towards weather hit regions.
In cases of weather issues, repair takes priority over new supply unfortunately.
Keep your eyes on our service statuswhere we will publish any notifications of this from our suppliers. You can signup for emails or the RSS feed to receive this information pro-actively.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

To check that your mailbox is working I suggest trying to login to webmail at https://webmail.plus.net/, The username you need to enter there is your account username (*not* the mailbox name or email address) and the password is your account password  - the same information used for logging into the Member Centre.
Does webmail let you in?
David too.
David
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Thank you for your replies...
spraxyt, I get login failed. Thats probably the reason I can't use my plusnet email yet, I will have to wait til my service is active.
Thanks,
David
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Did you actually check whether you had an email address set up in Manage My Mail (http://email.plus.net/) (rather than just looking under Connection Settings? If you haven't I think it prompts you to set one up as soon as you go to that address.
If one is shown it might need initialising, I suggest sending an email to it from your current email address.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Concerning email I can see that a mailbox hasn't been set up yet. Head to my account, then e-mail settings to set one up and let us know how things go from there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Emails are up and running now. Spraxyt and Adam, thank you for your help.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear that. Hope the service changeover goes well for you. Smiley
David too
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just let us know if you have any more issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonesey42
Dabbler

Fibre installed this morning. All set up within 90 mins. Running sweet, especially with the speeds below  Grin
Not bad compared to 2.4 Mb/s I was on yesterday.