cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra sign up bonus card valid?

mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Fibre Extra sign up bonus card valid?

As I was signing up for a new 18 months contract it shows a picture of £75 gift card, which I assume I would be getting as part of the sign up. However after signing up there is no mention at all of this card, anywhere in the emails that are then send afterwards, and nothing mentioned in my online account.

I wasn't expecting to get the card immediately, but I was expecting there to be a mention of it within the order and confirmation with next steps on when and how it would arrive.

Since being a customer back in 2018 I've noticed the  online chat seems to be disappeared and now have only the option to phone or post up publicly about this.

I prefer not to wait in a queue to ask this question on the phone, could somebody please get back to me to let me know if I will be eligible for the £75 giftcard and the process, if i'm not why is there a picture of a smug git holding a card, is this his commission cheque for me signing up Smiley

Seriously though if someone could confirm either way.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Fibre Extra sign up bonus card valid?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there, cheers for signing up to us.

I've had a look and I can see you've gone through a cashback site (either TopCashback or Quidco) so you'll be getting cashback from them when your service goes live, instead of a reward card from us.

We won't be able to provide both, unless you've signed up on an offer via https://www.quidco.com/compare/home-broadband/ or https://compare-broadband.topcashback.co.uk but it doesn't look like you have.

If you've got further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

I signed up via TopCashback,and it's tracking in my account ( See attachment as proof ) . I  selected the Cashback via TopCashback.co.uk , which takes you to the Plus.net site with affiliation with topcashback logo, with a guy holding a £75 mastercard.

Interesting to note that if I repeat this process today from topcashback, there is no guy holding a mastercard, he is now holding a router instead. 

Very mis-leading! , spoke to your customer services about it today. when I signed up amoungst other things  I selected the cut-over date, which would have been the 24th June, to avoid getting a penalty but your system changed it  on the order to an earlier date which would have had me hit with an early termination charge from vodafone.

Too many problems / discrepancies and I have even taken service yet.

I've would like to cancel plus.net order, please cancel it sick of having to ring up all the time or wait for phone calls. You don't allow private responses to emails, you don't even acknowledge that the email address is unmonitored either so waiting days for a reply never to come, instead have to air dirty laundry in public, don't like it one bit.

i've decided to go with Shell Energy, via topcashback, same process when you hit there landing page also affiliated with topcashback logo they also give you bill credit, with your order which makes the offering better and far easier to understand up front.

I suppose to be getting a call back  from you on 10/06/2022 at 12, I cannot do this time, if you have to call which I prefer you didn't and just cancelled then please schedule  for 13:30.

Thank you

I hope everyone in the world enjoyed reading this Smiley

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@mrdomis2013 

Be aware that you have 14 days from the day that you sign up, not the go live day, to cancel without automatically triggering cancellation charges. Also, you cannot cancel a contract by posting on this forum, see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'