cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling ignored please help - Account error message: An error has occurred You cannot make any ...

FIXED
stroker
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Feeling ignored please help - Account error message: An error has occurred You cannot make any ...

I posted in thread :-

Account error message: An error has occurred You cannot make any changes to your account while ...

on 11th Jan but feel that I am being ignored as there has been no reply or help forthcoming from anyone at Plusnet.

Several others have also posted on that thread since -- are we invisible or is it just that nobody cares about customers problems?

Please help and solve the problem with your system or risk customers voting with their feet and changing to other providers.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Reference to thread made clickable.
12 REPLIES 12
DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Re: Feeling ignored please help - Account error message: An error has occurred You cannot make any .

You are wasting your time my friend, after an initial helpful response a few months ago with my problem which is THEIR fault by refunding me some charges I should not have paid, I am still being charged for calls I should have been getting free and now they have all disappeared like you said !    

I wouldn't touch Plus Net with a barge pole when I come to renew my service at the end of this month and will tell all my friends and family too!!    They are completely incompetent and have been telling me for 5 months that the problem they have is an IT problem but can't do anything about it !   How many companies in the 21st century cannot sort an IT problem within a few weeks?   Answer NONE !!   I was told that they only review IT problems probably ONCE A YEAR !!    In the meantime we customers can twist in the wind as far as they are concerned, but if I don't get back my £32.51 in call charges I will stop my contract direct debit in the next 7 days and they can whistle for the final payment !!   It seems withholding money is the only language they understand my friend!  Good luck!

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Re: Feeling ignored please help - Account error message: An error has occurred You cannot make any .

Now here is the latest joke from Plus Net, this always happens when I make a complaint, bearing in mind I haven't spoken to Plus Net to change anything !  

Your call plan is changing

Here's what you need to know

Hello Janet,

Account username: 

Thanks for requesting to change your call plan. We're processing the request now, but to confirm here are the details:

New call plan: Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls

New monthly cost: 29.29

New contract period: Monthly

This change will happen on 1st November 2020.

If you signed up to a new contract with Plusnet from 7th October 2020, or your fixed price contract minimum term ended on or after 2nd December 2020, the above call plan price will be increased on or after 1st June 2021 and then on or after 1st March every year from March 2022. On or after 1st June 2021, the price will increase by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in April of that year plus 3.9%. On or after 1st March every year from March 2022, the price will increase by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide for details.

Want more information?

If you have any questions or want to know more, our Help and Support pages have lots of info on our Home Phone packages.

If you need to get in touch with our Support Team, please use the Help Assistant or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

Best wishes,

Plusnet Customer Support

Notice the date the change will Happen ?   November 2020 !!   What a flippin joke company !!

Mav
Fixes: 514

@stroker 

I am sure that you are not being deliberately ignored but staff are very busy.

The thread you originally posted in has been marked as 'Fixed' so it could be that means it may be overlooked.

Hopefully a member of staff will reply soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

You are joking of course?

This complaint has been ongoing for 6 months and HAS NOT BEEN FIXED, in fact they have just sent me an email saying I requested a change to my contract and outlining the new contract terms, another lie !   I haven't contacted Plus Net to ask them anything and in fact told them in the Wizard messages over 2 months ago that I was going to cancel my Plusnet contract at the end of the contract period and just wanted my call charges reimbursed at the end of the month.   Now they are trying to change my contract without my consent !    I was told my Tahir Mahmood that I could cancel my contract at the end of April (my contract termination date) without penalties as they have even managed to get that wrong on my online account and that is what I intend to do.    As a postnote, they couldn't even manage to get the change of contract date right in the email they sent me today, this is what they wrote "This change will happen on 1st November 2020"!   So couldn't even manage to get the year right, what chance they would ever get a new contract right ?    No, I had decided months ago Plus Net was a completely rubbish service and looking at the amount of complaints on this Community Forum they receive, I am not wrong !!

stroker
Dabbler

Hi Mav,

Thanks for your reply it's reassuring to know that there is indeed somebody there!

I started a new thread today after I noticed the previous one was marked as fixed. I was able to do this because the illusive "start new thread" button was visible - it seems to me to appear and disappear randomly which is why I had not stated a new thread origanally.

If future posts in "fixed" threads are ignored perhaps the threads should be closed or locked to prevent the uninitiated making futile requests in these threads.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

1. Couldn't agree more with your comments on accounts. I've said many times that Plusnet accounting system is a shambles and tying up staff who would far rather be helping customers with tech problems. For years, every routine renewal of my contract has been screwed up requiring long phone waits to access the help of hard-working service staff in Covid precautions -- like the one I spoke to, working for almost a year from his one-bedroomed flat. They do sort it out, but what a waste of resources!

2. Do consider that for every 1,000 angry complaints you see on this forum there are 1,399,000 happy customers enjoying reliable value for money service. Perhaps more of us should say so.

3. While I have every sympathy with your charging problems, please DO NOT CANCEL your contracted payment. Doing so will break your side of the contract and while you have difficulties now they are nothing compared to the aggro non-payment will create.

4. Another appeal to Plusnet: why oh why does management not heed these daily accounting complaints which are the only fault in many years of an otherwise excellent service? If other utilities such as electricity, gas, water and my former ISP provider BT can provide regular and correct invoicing, what's your problem at Plusnet?

stroker
Dabbler

Hi DunroaminLeo,

I noticed the date straight away it certainly does not instil confidence and explains your obvious and understandable frustration.

If you haven't placed the order it makes me wonder if the message was sent to the wrong person - who knows?

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

I couldn't agree more with your comments, Plusnet have to go a long way to sorting out their problems and it should not be left to the few diligent people who work their socks off to try to sort out the mess others create!    I have now received a new private message admitting that he (the CS agent) missed the notes in the question thread relating to me cancelling my contract and instead thought I wanted to renew the contract.   He has now offered advice on what to do to cancel the contract without incurring penalties which I appreciate.   If only ALL their customer service people were as helpful and prompt in responding, instead of which I have had no less than 4 different people replying to my ongoing complaint with long delays in between for responses and each time they were responding only to part of my complaint and offering solutions that were not appropriate.

This all started because I cancelled my Unlimited inclusive Call Package when I thought I would be abroad for 2 months and it started a downward spiral of charged calls when they were unable to add the package back on which continued for 5 months during which time I have suffered frustration and anger at the level of incompetent service on offer when they said they could do nothing to add it back on but somehow could offer the Call Package to a new customer !!!!    When you don't look after your customers, even if in a minority, that minority spread the word to stay away from Plusnet and they lose much more than just the cost of employing either a few more CS agents or introducing more training on how to deal with problems and their IT people need sacking if they cannot sort out a simple problem of adding back on a call package to an existing customer's contract !!   

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@stroker I've checked your account and I can't see anything pending or likewise I can't see anything broken. What's the exact error you're getting and on which webpage? Feel free to post up a screenshot.

@DunroaminLeo I'm really sorry for the system issues affecting your account. I can see you've since been in contact with one of my colleagues @Tallowhand who has personal ownership over your case. He'll respond back to you again shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stroker
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,  Sorry for the delay in answering I have logged on and on the face of it the original problem is no longer there....

From memory when trying to access just about anything (eg. Phone Control Panel) a red or possibly brown box would appear saying something like a phone order is in progress and changes can not be made. It would also not let me access "offers and Upgrades" to check  what options were available.

Now when accessing the phone control panel a light blue box flashes up momentarily saying "your home phone order is being progressed. We will keep you updated by email and tell you once the service is ready to use". It now allows me to access "offers and upgrades" so clearly something has changed since the last time I checked - perhaps the restriction has been removed?

I do not want to upgrade at the moment since the only option available is 39-51Mb at £31.99 although this is £5 cheaper than the out of contract price my line is currently only syncing at 18Mb so I don't want to be tied to a contract at that speed but perhaps that's another problem? By the way the guaranteed minimum is supposed to be 30.9Mb

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @stroker 

Upon further investigation this may had been due to a pending call feature that was stuck on your account I suspect (but I can't guarantee) we fixed half way through February. It's good to see you can now make changes though either way. Smiley

Regarding your speeds aye that'd be another problem and something I'd recommend raising a fault about at faults.plus.net so we can take a closer look for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stroker
Dabbler

Fix

Gandalf, thanks for your help and advice. I will mark the thread as fixed in a couple of days time all being well although I do not expect any problems.