cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault from 18 Aug closed, without addressing outstanding issues

duckandgoat
Dabbler

Fault from 18 Aug closed, without addressing outstanding issues

I raised a fault on 18 August 2017, having no dial tone and regular broadband drop outs. This took a very long time to fix up for various reasons (Openreach had a different address to Plusnet so would attend appointments but find "no one in", swap my phone and internet with a neighbour, etc.), but eventually the technical fault was resolved in September.

However, I requested that Plusnet confirm, and if necessary, change my address details so that this wouldn't happen again (this was at least the second fault where the address mix up had occurred), and I also enquired about compensation for the lack of phone line and broadband for a period of time. I wasn't after huge damages, just reimbursing the monthly fee that Plusnet kept taking through this. I was told this would be "automatically applied".

I prompted this every couple of weeks all through September and October and messages were added to the ticket, telling me "no access to prov inbox", or something similar, which I'm sure is helpful to someone, but not me.

Now I find that the fault has been closed, with a change of address apparently made by removing a component of my address, and without any mention of compensation. I've checked my account details, and no refund coming my way.

Any ideas how I can sort this out?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fault from 18 Aug closed, without addressing outstanding issues

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had and that your ticket was closed before discussing compensation.

From the last notes on the ticket I can see that we submitted a request to the OpenReach Data Integrity (ORDI) robot to update your address on their systems and this had completed successfully.

I've refunded the charges you've paid us whilst your service was in fault and I've opened a ticket on your account with a gesture of goodwill which you can view here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=161604876

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet