Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing.billing error

FIXED
gordy52
Dabbler

Failing.billing error

Hi,
I signed up for plusnet broadbsnd in late October and everything has been fine, but in the last half hour or so I cant access the internet. Most pages just go to: failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed.
Huh

I havent missed any payments since I started and the direct debit came out yesterday (03/12/18) fine so Im not sure whats causing it. Is it something else?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Failing.billing error

Afternoon @gordy52,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with loading certain websites etc. I can see you have since spoken with Tom over live chat, has thi been rectified now?

gordy52
Dabbler

Hi there.

yes at the moment it seems to be working again. He session killed and I reset my router. After 45 mins it was working albiet slightly slower but its working anyway! 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @gordy52, thanks for the update.

We're pleased that the services are now up and running.

Have your speeds now returned to normal?

gordy52
Dabbler

Hi oskarpapa.

Im afraid not. I gave it a few days but my internet speeds are up and down quite badly. Was down to 1mb/s earlier! Can go from around 3 then up to 'normal' then back down to mega slow.

This is all since the 'failed.billing error was fixed by plusnet who 'forced an IP address change and session killed. Could this be the reason? My IP address is certainly different now than before.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Our testing hasn't identified any issues with your service. If you're still having issues please follow the steps below we can investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background. This must be done on a wired connection and not wireless Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics. Please type in your phone number and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the server for investigation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy52
Dabbler

Sorry for re-opening this thread but yet again I'm getting the failed.plusnet.billing message on certain websites, exactly the same as last time and as before Iv not missed any payments, this is gettibg frustrating now.

Can anyone help please?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I've identified what the problem is but to fix it, please can you PM me the serial number from the bottom of your router as well as the MAC number? If it's easier feel free to send me a photo.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gordy52
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. Iv PM'd my router info to you.

Thanks
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for providing that info, @gordy52

I'm sure @Gandalf will pick those up and resolve this for you as soon as he's back in the office.

Best wishes

Dave

gordy52
Dabbler

Thank you. I hope so

Look forward to hearing back soon.

Many thanks.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @gordy52

My colleague @Gandalf will be in the office today later this afternoon.

I have emailed him internally to notify him to look into your query when he is free.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @gordy52

I'm in the office now and I've sent you a PM back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
metacog

I'm an 'expert' on this! The problem is the billing department who send out (automated?) emails with incorrect billings and this seems to trigger partial blocking resulting in "Waiting for failed.billing.plus.net" message and the address bar changing to "failed.billing.plus.net".

Phone up customer services & tell them you are up to date with the bills & could they remove the blocking. This works temporarily but then another email arrives and the blocking resumes.

Recently it got worse: I phoned up to ask them to remove blocking and 3 hrs later I got another email resulting in total blocking of the internet and blocking of my phone landline as well.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @metacog

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing.

I've had a look into this for you and I can't see where we've actually restricted your services. However for us to investigate the issues further I can see we're waiting for further information from you.

You can view more detail and provide this info over here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet