cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to remove Talk Anytime via website

dwp
Dabbler

Failed to remove Talk Anytime via website

I went through the process of removing Talk Anytime on 17 Sept (I can see the activity in my browser history) but got no email confirmation. The next day I rang Customer Services to confirm the removal would take effect on my next billing date (11 Oct). However when notification of my next payment arrived it still included Talk Anytime. I raised a question and the reply was there was no record of my removing it, and the Customer Service assistant hadn't accessed my account during the phone call, so this couldn't be confirmed.
So I've had to remove it again and now have to pay £5.00 for an extra month, for which I have been offered a discount of 50 pence. To rub salt in the wound, at the same time as this offer I got an email inviting me to renew my Line Rental Saver, at an increase of over 13% from last year. That's on top of the 11% increase in Talk Anytime - I'm wondering if I've missed news of a dramatic rise in inflation recently !
With my mobile provider (EE) offering me unlimited broadband (instead of my current 10MB) for £2.49 and line rental for £11 per month, my 8-year loyalty to Plusnet is being severely tested.
It's not as if my service has been trouble-free this year - I had a call open from 6 Oct last year to 26 May this year for an intermittent fault. The hissing and crackling were so bad at times that I couldn't make calls and had to use the mobile instead, and sometimes I had over 60 broadband disconnections in a day. When it was working the speed went as low as 0.1Mb and once I had no line at all for 3 days. I had five different engineers out before it was finally resolved. And I even had to pay for one engineer's call to a non-inclusive number !
I guess I should have asked for a couple of month's payments to be waived, but I was prepared to accept Plusnet were doing their best. I don't feel so charitable now after this latest incident. If no-one from Plusnet can convince me I've just been unlucky then I think our relationship is coming to an end.
7 REPLIES 7
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: Failed to remove Talk Anytime via website

Hi there!
I'm deeply sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had when trying the remove the Talk Anytime.  I will have a look at the account now and will come back to you shortly.
Warm regards
Sharon
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hello Again!
I have checked through the account and can see that you've been communication with our ticket support team and they've arranged the change of the call plan for next month.  I understand completely that this is frustrating and for that I am sorry.
As soon as the current invoice has cleared, I'll be keeping an eye on your account and will refund it in full.  In light of the fault you've had and the problem with the call plan, I'd be happy for you to renew the line rental saver product at the previous renewal price.  If this is something you are interested in, let me know and I'll be happy to give you a call.
Kind regards
Sharon
dwp
Dabbler

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for the reply, at least I know now that Plusnet still want to keep customers !  I'd be happy to discuss your suggestion, just give me a call anytime during the day.
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi David,
It was lovely to talk to you  Smiley  You have my contact details now and the online support ticket will remain open until this is all sorted.  If you've any questions or difficulties in relation to this, just give me a shout.
Cool
dwp
Dabbler

Thanks Sharon, that's brilliant. You've restored my faith in Plusnet, it's really good to talk to a human voice who can sort things out. Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed...      Smiley
SharonBrown
Grafter

You're more than welcome David.  Although I've been with Plusnet for several years and dealt with complaints at the highest level, this was my very first day in the forums so I was somewhat nervous.  It's been a pleasure and I look forward to speaking to you again Smiley
dwp
Dabbler

I thought I should just tidy up this thread and report that all the promised changes to my account have now been made and my refund has come through. Great credit to Sharon for picking this up and then monitoring it to make sure everything got sorted out - perhaps she could train the customer service reps at some mobile phone companies I've dealt with !