Did you mean: 

Failed billing restricted service

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Failed billing restricted service

@JonoH wrote:
I'm not sure and I'm not in the office to check now until Wednesday. @Gandalf  drop me an email please Monday or Tuesday with what's happening and I'll see if we can make sense of it together,
@Gandalf wrote:

Happy to look into this further tomorrow as @JonoH has suggested when I'm back in the office.

@JonoH As requested I've dropped you an email.

@haywardsteve Upon checking your account moving forward I don't suspect you should have an issue. However if you do experience any further issues next month please do let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

I see that plusnet failed to comment on my previous post. Come on plusnet, how many customers are suffering from your pathetic new billing system ?
At least be honest and tell everyone.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter removed as per Forum rules.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Does knowing how many actually help fix anything?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro

No but I think customers should know how many custumer accounts are affected
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Why?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Shep41
Seasoned Pro

Well said smiffy1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yea 'nice' but what difference does that make?  How would it enhance your life … or are you just looking for something to gloat over?  Get used to it, move on, Plusnet is not going to disclose such information as it will be deemed commercially sensitive.  Such knowledge is not going to enhance anyone's experience.

Peacockjen

I have twice set up a recurring card payment and this hasn't worked either.

Continued problems, different advice, immediate service restrictions.

Terrible service

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Peacockjen

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. I have responded to your other post. 

Kind Regards

Braidan

I also have restrictions and my bill was to be paid today I thought you had 14 days to pay before restrictions
Peacockjen

It seems that unless you have an active direct debit due within those 14 days, your bill is technically due on the date of issue. So it's late unless you make an immediate card payment. And service can b restricted as soon as 3 hours after your bill goes live. There is a major issue with recurring card payments so the only way to keep your account in full operation is to have a direct debit which will definitely clear as soon as due!
Good luck x
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Accounts not having automatic payment arrangements immediately fall into the failed payments process. During the first 14 days a user sees payment reminder notices but should be able to press the continue browsing button.

After having not paid the bill by 14 days firmer restrictions are applied.

There is no sense of having 14 days to pay. Payment is due on the day the invoice is raised ... they do not state “payment terms 14 days” or similar. The sentiment here is that if payment is 14 days or more LATE then service restrictions (as opposed to reminders) will be encountered.

DDs work well for the payment of service ... and given that the billing date can be chosen by the user, there’s no longer a need for “I do not get paid for 3 weeks can you extend me a line of credit please”.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1