Fixes: 1

Failed billing referrals questions

Hi
I just got a e-mail from PlusNet saying:
[quote="PlusNet"]
Details about your failed Direct Debit transaction
Dear ******
Account username: ********

Unfortunately, we've not received the regular Direct Debit payment for your Plusnet
account. This was due on 14/02/2012.
Your payment details
--------------------
Account Name: **************
Direct Debit Reference: ******21-2 
Why has this happened?
----------------------
Your Direct Debit payment failed because of the following:
The bank/building society doesn't recognise the instruction setup to pay the Direct
Debit.
What you should do now
----------------------
To avoid any restrictions on your service you'll need to pay the amount owed within
14 days. You can add payment details to pay a different way at My Account: 
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card&s=0 ;
If you're having trouble updating your payment details or have a question about
this, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant (
http://help.plus.net ) or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support

The Direct Debit has not been canceled by me, plus I have referrals for this month of £4.99
From the portal:
Your referrals saved you £4.99 this month

So what happens now to my referrals ?
I payed the £4.99 with my Halifax Visa Debit card: **** **** **** **72
Plus Reset up The Direct Debit on my Halifax Account
See tickets number: 52420036 - 127197384 - 127186710
55 REPLIES 55
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Failed billing referrals questions

mod:note
split from the non-payment of referrals thread as it seems to be a different question.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
The referrals should be discounted from the next bill, in my experience that's what usually happens following an instance of failed billing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@Adam, Thank you, but why didn't my referrals cover my bill ?
Plus why did my Direct Debit fail ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm looking into this now with a member of our finance team, I shall keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're still looking into this but I can at least tell you that the referrals will be paid next month.
With regards to the direct debit
Code 6. (No instruction held with the paying bank).

that's the reason indicated on the ticket, it seems to be an isolated problem but you may need to speak with your bank if you need to know the exact reason, your direct debit mandate is still in place so it seems to relate to that single "payment"
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

The only Direct Debit that Halifax has on record is a Direct Debit on 31/01/2012 for PlusNet, is that for my other account ? With PlusNet not F9 ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, that will be the Plusnet account, in that case it could be a wise move to cancel the direct debit mandate on the f9 account and set up a new one.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loombucket
Grafter

Hi guys,
This is not an isolated problem - the precise same thing has just happened to me.  I received an identical email an hour ago advising me that my Direct Debit had failed (and for the same reason) despite the fact that I should not be paying anything.  I logged into the portal to double-check my bank details and was prevented from accessing it by a screen stating that I owed Plusnet ££££s and needed to pay it.
One long phone call to a very helpful Plusnet support bod later I've found out that it is an ongoing problem affecting an awful lot of people who have referral payments due to them (see original thread I raised last week).  Not only are they not paying referrals but the system is reporting spurious failed billing errors and demanding the money from the customers.
If you suffer from this, don't bother checking your direct debit setup, there's probably nothing wrong with it.  PN are working on the problem (and have been apparently for a couple of days or so) and hope it'll be sorted out soon.  Hopefully someone from Plusnet can keep this thread updated with any progress on the issue.
 Roll_eyes
EDIT:  Note to Dvorak - this is in fact the same issue as that raised in my original thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102637.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've done some digging and we do actually have an existing problem open about exactly this issue (ID 61349).
Midnight Caller and Loombucket I'm adding your details to that now along with another example I've identified.
On closer inspection of the notes already on the problem it seems that this isn't affecting customers each and every month and seems to be tripping up our direct debit system which for some reason then fails any attempts for payments which in minus figures (i.e us paying you back). I'll do all I can to push back on this for you guys and would like to ask whether you're happy to redceive this months referral payments next month or if you'd like me to arrange for cheques to be sent in the meantime.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loombucket
Grafter

I don't mind waiting until next month for my referral payments but I don't particularly like having to pay Plusnet in the meantime.  The possibility of my service being frozen for non-payment bothers me a bit as well.
I also don't like being locked out of my own account for supposed non-payment as I'm prevented from making any changes to email setup, domain etc.  I'm assured I can phone PN support and have them make the changes manually but it's still an ain in the parse.
Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, no problem, I'm really sorry but I can't get the account reactivated without the payment being made Sad
Sorry for the inconvenience, I've been working hard today to get more visibility on the problem I mentioned earlier so I'll continue to push back at that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loombucket
Grafter

Thanks Adam, I appreciate your efforts.  I hope they bear fruit soon 'cos it's a bit of a ludicrous situation as I don't actually owe Plusnet anything - my referral payments more than cover my monthly bill and then some.  To find that PN have deactivated my account for non-payment due to (a) their failure to pay me what is due to me, and (b) their additional failure to take a Direct Debit payment from my account, is bad enough.  To find that in order to get the account reactivated I have to find an additional way to pay them more money I don't owe is bordering on the farcical.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
[Snip] would like to ask whether you're happy to redceive this months referral payments next month or if you'd like me to arrange for cheques to be sent in the meantime.

I don't mind waiting until next month for my referral payments.
[Edit]
Can I Change Back the way I pay to Yearly for F9 ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can I Change Back the way I pay to Yearly for F9 ?

At present I'd advise against that as it would probably cause more issues with your referrals.
Sorry if that's not convenient to you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team