Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed billing referrals questions

Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Failed billing referrals questions

Looks like we're getting somewhere.
Just lifted this from the Question on my account that resulted from my call to PN Billing....

"Priority has now been increased to 2, we have more than enough examples and this is now affecting resellers who are managed to similar to that of Partners.
These users bills are entirely covered by their credits and now we are crippling our big resellers by deactivating them with failed billing."

Thanks for giving it a shove, $HelpfulBillingPerson.  As I understand it, Priority 2 is just short of hair-on-fire.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not sure why the problem notes were added to your ticket but that does at least give you an idea of how seriously we're taking this issue as it paints a clear picture of how it could be impacting some of our customers (including yourself obviously).
We'll make sure this problem does get the visibility and priority it seems to need.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
swapmeetpete
Grafter

I've just come off the phone where the girl in accounts said the missing referals will be paid by cheque but insisted I have to phone my bank to sort out the direct debit, and make a credit card payment in the short term. She knew nothing about this discussion and refused to acknowledge that this is a Plusnet billing problem. Please add my user account mollymo to the disturbing list of bemused customers. rgds Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@swapmeetpete I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
She knew nothing about this discussion

To be honest I'm not surprised as it was a member of our finance team and they don't actively monitor these forums. I will make them aware though as I'm sure it will help them understand the gravitas of the problem.
refused to acknowledge that this is a Plusnet billing problem.

Technically it's not but I don't personally see the point in splitting hairs as to yourself it has affected your billing. It's more an issue with our referrals system.
I've added your details to the problem, I'm keeping a close eye on this so I'll keep you updated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
swapmeetpete
Grafter

Thanks, I raised a ticket this morning so I hope that doesn't confuse things. The referal issue is understandable but the corruption of the direct debit system on top of that is a bit worrying.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

corruption of the direct debit system on top of that is a bit worrying.

There's no issues with the direct debit system as far as I can see, I believe the fact that you were asked to contact your bank is relating to a specific issue with your particular mandate from what I can tell.
We've now raised the priority of  problem 70332 which is the root cause of these issues, so we should have that fixed soon.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ongarpc

I have decided, reading these forums are more entertaining than watching England win the Ashes and more exciting then trying to guess whether Harry Boy will or will not manage England!
I’ve been waiting five weeks now for my referrals.  When the next payment of £16.33 is due, Plusnet will only owe me £41.43.  But that’s okay; let’s face it we wouldn’t want the network team to work to hard in sorting a problem that currently there are at least three separate threads running on this forum.
Trying to be polite and patient, I decided not to keep chasing my open question on the matter, especially because they avoid the truth in their answers and you get a better explanation from Matt Taylor in this thread.
When I do pop in to look at my open questions, guess what I find?  It’s been closed with the following caption “Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.”  Well whose inactivity I ask!  They are the ones supposed to be sorting the problem!
Now they have the audacity to suggest I need to update my credit card before my next payment is due!  It feels a bit like being on the roundabouts at the fun fair and not the swings!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've now raised the priority of  problem 70332 which is the root cause of these issues, so we should have that fixed soon.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues ongarpc, I'll endeavour to check your account issues sorted ASAP. As mentioned though the problem affecting this particular issue really does have higher priority now.
When I do pop in to look at my open questions, guess what I find?  It’s been closed with the following caption “Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.”  Well whose inactivity I ask!  They are the ones supposed to be sorting the problem!

That only happens when a ticket is returned to yourself and we don't get a response back within that time. Tickets with us should be placed on hold if the issue is unresolved really so I'll address that and pass on some feedback. From looking at the ticket I have to admit it could have been handled better IMHO so apologies for that, I'm making sure a new ticket is with our finance team to get you a cheque refund ASAP.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ongarpc

Thank you Adam.  As I said about Matt T. as well, you get a better class of service and questions answered here than in your own account.
Oh well it is the first day of spring so perhaps things will liven up! Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

so perhaps things will liven up!

I'm placing a lot of my focus on the problems I'm seeing with referrals at the moment so I'll be making sure they do Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Adam_Walker,  The direct debit system is corrupted, email from PlusNet today:
Dear Mr ************,
Account username: ***********
We couldn't take a payment for your Plusnet account.  
To avoid restrictions to your service please make a payment in the next 14 days.
If you've already submitted a Direct Debit payment, we'll email you with more
details about why this might have failed.  
Payment due
-----------
Amount owed: £4.99
Date payment was due: 14-03-2012
How to pay

I reset up direct debit last month.  Oh well I will pay with the card this time but enough is enough, so get it fixt.
[Edit]
Reset up direct debit once more on the Phone:
Please see:
Ticket numbers:  
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm talking to a colleague of mine at present that's helping us look into problem 70332. There's no issues with our direct debit system but undoubtedly there is an issue with your particular direct debit.
In this instance I'm aware that we're trying to pay you rather than you trying to pay us, however the automated e-mails don't account for that and will say "We couldn't take a payment for your Plusnet account." when the payment to you failed.
I can see you've set up a new direct debit which is the best thing I could advise you to do. If I hear about anything else that maybe affecting this I'll let you know.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loombucket
Grafter

Setting up a new Direct Debit will make no difference.  Someone from Plusnet posted at a relatively early stage in this saga that the DD system was having problems processing payments where the value was less than zero, i.e. when Plusnet are paying the user instead of the other way round.  It all appears to be part and parcel of the dreaded 70332 problem.
It's a bit worrying the length of time it's taking to sort this one out, innit?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all, just letting you all know that we're rolling out a fix for problem 70332 today.
As things stand we'll be making payments/refunds for any outstanding monies owed to you on the 1st of April, that's not a joke by the way Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi all, just letting you all know that we're rolling out a fix for problem 70332 today.

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
As things stand we'll be making payments/refunds for any outstanding monies owed to you on the 1st of April, that's not a joke by the way Smiley

It will be if the ruddy thing doesn't work this time... 
Thanks Adam for all your efforts on behalf of us lot.  It can't have been a bundle of fun sorting that one out.