cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed billing page failing to load

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Failed billing page failing to load

So i've been with Plusnet for years, my billing date is the 12th of the month and i get paid on the 21st and in the past this hasn't been an issue, but for the past 3 months the http://failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed and plus.net website refuses to load once restrictions have been put on my account not allowing me to acknowledge the payment is due and lift the restrictions.

I had to use a VPN just to post this.

8 REPLIES 8
Phil5
Hooked

Re: Failed billing page failing to load

Good adverts Everything else very poor
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

After 3 hours of spamming the refresh button i finally got the page to load.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @nightstalk3r

I am deeply sorry to hear you have had issues with loading up our web pages.

I would recommend clearing all cookies and caches on your browser, before attempting to access our website.

It is worth check to see if there are any 'pop-up blockers' that is enabled on your browser, that could be restricting the access.

I would also try and see if you can access our webpage using a different web browser.

If the issue continues, can you please PM me with a screenshot, so we can investigate this matter further.

Best wishes.

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Restrictions have just been put in place again and now when the failed billing page does load i can't do anything.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Not paying bills on time can become problematic. Also it does not help that repeated payment failure can (it now seems) lead to quicker restrictions. Bills are due for payment on presentation, not when it’s thought to be convenient. We all know what our outgoings are so it ought to be practical to leave sufficient funds on account to meet bills when they arrive. None of us would be happy if our employers said “I don’t get payment from my buyers for two weeks ... can I therefore put off paying your wages for 3 weeks?”. I am sure that we’d all expect them to manage their cash flow to pay what’s owed on time.

However persistent late payment problems can be aliviated by changing the account billing date (available since early September). In the meantime account payment should be readily accessible if you can access the internet (and the PlusNET portal) via some connection other than your home one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Townman in theory your solution would work , but reading here you will find that quite a few Billing errors Sad caused by PN new system Cheesy

People have said they dont even get bills for months , unable to pay bills Via web page  , incorrect bills , failed billing page does not work , inability to change billing date Sad

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Failed-billings/td-p/1605943

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/unable-to-make-payment/td-p/1605699

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Cannot-change-my-payment-date-still/td-p/1605590

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Indeed SOME customers are encountering additional difficulties. This one just advises that they have removed automated payment facilities and consequently repeatedly falls into failed payment.

In this case the remedy is probably as simple as reinstate of an automated payment method (DD OR credit card), budget cash flow and then pay when the bill is presented. Not treating the time to pay period as an extension of credit period wound solve a lot of problems for a lot of users. When you get paid, set aside the money required to pay the months bills!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @nightstalk3r

I am sorry to hear you are still having difficulties accessing our webpage and using your services.

Please, can you confirm you have followed the instructions that I have listed?

If this has not helped. You may need to perform a master reset on your router.

Use a paper clip, pen, or something pointed to press in the reset pinhole button on the back of the router.

Keep the button pressed for 20 seconds. When the light on the front of your Hub turns green, release the reset button.

When the light on the front of the Hub turns blue, it's now restored to factory settings.

Keep in mind that if you do this, it'll completely restore your router to the settings it had when it arrived. So if you've made specific changes to your settings, they'll need to be made again.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.