cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed billing has put block on internet before 14 days cant acsess plus.net to pay

FIXED
Matttimings
Fixes: 1

Failed billing has put block on internet before 14 days cant acsess plus.net to pay

I missed a bill payment 7 days ago, it has blocked internet on some devices, the failed billing message doesnt load and i cant accsess https://plus.net to pay my bill, this is within the 14 days before I should be blocked, can someone take a look at my account please
5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Failed billing has put block on internet before 14 days cant acsess plus.net to pay

Hello @Matttimings

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems here.

If you're within the 14 days of failed billing, we will have not revoked access to the internet, though you will see a splash screen. Bare in mind there is sort some of "acknowledge and continue browsing" button on this page, so you'll be able to bypass it up until day 14.

I'm aware that some customers are unable to access their Member Centre through WIFI while the account is in failed billing, if this is the case, please use your mobile data, or contact our team on 0800 432 0200 to settle the outstanding balance.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Failed billing has put block on internet before 14 days cant acsess plus.net to pay

@adam945 

Your final paragraph - "I'm aware that some customers are unable to access their Member Centre through WIFI while the account is in failed billing, if this is the case, please use your mobile data, or contact our team on 0800 432 0200 to settle the outstanding balance." - acknowledges an issue that has now been around for some considerable time given previous posts on these forums.

It is about time that Plusnet sorted out this issue and other problems that have been reported when billing fails for whatever reason meaning that customers are unnecessarily inconvenienced. It is not acceptable to expect customers to use their mobile data (some may not have that facility) or to ask then to hang on interminably when they ring CS on that general number. Perhaps an option can be added to direct such callers to a specific team that can pick up the call promptly and take payment.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree @jgb

You'd have thought that if we were to restrict internet access, the only site we wouldn't restrict is the Member Centre to allow customers to make payments! As you've correctly pointed out, it's a long standing issue that we've still not been able to resolve I'm afraid.

Customers are given other options to pay though, such as calling in on the number provided. Alternatively, we'd be more than happy to give anyone a quick call to take payment if needs be. Smiley

Adam
Matttimings
Fixes: 1

Fix
Yes I am this case, unfortunately ive had some unexpected cash flow issues this month so my mobile has no credit. Ive paid my internet bill now but I had to rather embarrasingly go to my neighbour and connect to his WIFI to pay, it's only just occurred to me that I probably could have downloaded a free VPN app, none the less, this issue is actually preventing customers from paying their bill so you would have thought it would be a high priority on the tech teams task list.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree @Matttimings

To be honest these sorts of issues are well above ourselves here on the Plusnet Help Team, though I've liaised with some colleagues and can assure you that this issue has been fed back on multiple occasions.

Glad to hear that you've got the problem sorted though, you probably know a bit more about VPN's than I do so I'll politely shy away from confirming whether that'd work or not haha, never tried it myself personally.

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any further issues though and we'll be more than happy to help.

Adam