cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Failed billing’ getting rather annoying

jellybeanz
Grafter

Re: ‘Failed billing’ getting rather annoying

This whole thing is truly insane. There's nowhere to actually pay once you've had the restrictions lifted! plus.net/pay comes up with an error message. I looked at the Help Centre and it just said to log into your account and you'd find a link to make payment - this link doesn't exist!

How are we supposed to pay?! I'm hard of hearing so can't use the phone - there MUST be a working payment link somewhere on this site! I've had an email to say that charges will be added if I don't pay within 14 days, but THERE'S NOWHERE TO PAY!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@jellybeanz sorry to hear you're struggling to pay online. Can you advise if you've gone to plus.net/pay after logging into your account? If you're still seeing an error can you post up a screenshot? Make sure you blur out your username etc.

Could you also advise which web browsers you've tried please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jellybeanz
Grafter

This is the error message that shows at plus.net/pay:

https://portal.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry

plusneterror.png

If I remove 'retry' from the address and go to https://portal.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/ I get the following:

plusneterrortwo.png

When I log into my account, there is no link to make payment anywhere.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail. 

Unfortunately I'm struggling to find a resolution for this, apart from it looks like it's affected by a known issue where we're investigating. In the meantime if you have issues using a different web browser also, I'm afraid that the only remaining option is to pay over the phone. As you've mentioned you're hard of hearing it may be worth looking into a text relay service, we've provided more information over on our Accessibility article Here.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzle
Grafter

Hello. Looks like my restrictions have been lifted (for the moment at least). Thank you. It looks like I’ll have to resort to paying over the phone again!!!

Cheers. Denzle

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Denzle.

If your restrictions have been lifted this should mean you're able to pay online.

If you're not able to can you advise what you see when you try? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzle
Grafter

Thank you for you swift response. I’ve had this problem for months and there is no way to pay online. Whenever I go to billing and try to pay online I get an error message (see posting#5). I’ll phone up the help line and pay via credit card. Thanks again. Denzle

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us Denzle.

Do you still get that error message since I've removed the interruption from your account?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet