cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed billing error even though I've paid

Galaxian

Failed billing error even though I've paid

Tl;dr: I've fully paid my bills, but on some sites I'm getting the infamous failed.billing.plus.net error and the page won't even load.

It's been happening for a few days. I work as a web developer, so having to switch to my phone tether is a little annoying.

It seems that every month, Plus.net has issues with my Curve card (even though it has funds), so every month this happens. However, this month, the error isn't going away. Also, I'm not able to add an alternative card to my account - it just says no payment method, and clicking "Add Payment Method" leads me nowhere.

By the way, from a UX point of view, you may want to redirect that failed.billing.plus.net page to a user-friendly "Pay your bill on this page" section. It's rather counter intuitive to show the end user a connection refused error rather than giving them the facility to pay.

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Failed billing error even though I've paid

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Galaxian and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're getting a failed billing error even though you had paid.

That absolutely isn't the way the system's meant to work or was designed, but we've fixed this for you. Smiley

Can you let me know if you're able to browse normally and add payment details now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Galaxian

Yes, thank you. What causes this issue?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesome. One part of our systems still flagged your account in failed payment when there was no outstanding balance in our billing engine (as you had paid) so we updated things. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet