Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed billing acknowledge and pay later error

FIXED
Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Failed billing acknowledge and pay later error

My bill failed yesterday. I am trying to get onto the plusnet site to pay. But the "acknowledge and click to continue" splash screen isn't working.
Could some nice customer servicerrepresentative remove the restriction on my account please so I can access the plusnet site
Thank you in advance 😁
35 REPLIES 35
Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Re: Failed billing acknowledge and pay later error

Fix
Managed to get through to customer services, who have removed my restrictions
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Pleased to hear this @Sfgeneral1981 - my apologies for the disruption to your service.

If there's anything else you need, just drop us a line.

Take care

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

EXACTLY what did you experience please? The SUs are trying to collate all varieties of failed payment restrictions experiences.

Splash screen appeared?
Click to continue did absolutely nothing - or encountered an error report?

Did you try to navigate direct to plus.net?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Hi

The splash screen that used to appear, that had the "acknowledge and click to continue" button will no longer load. It just times out. I tried it on my mobile using Firefox and chrome. And on my laptop using Firefox, chrome and Edge.
Also when this happens I can access most of the Internet still The restrictions only seem to apply to things like netflix, prime movies and sky go. And most surprisingly I am unable to access any of the plusnet sites like the member centre etc
Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Also, I still haven't paid my bill. It will be paid tomorrow. So I'm now in the same position. Unable to get the splash screen to load so am on restricted service again.
If someone would be kind enough to remove the restrictions it would be greatly appreciated 😊
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Sfgeneral1981, thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear the payment reminder page is still having difficulties in displaying for you and I have taken steps to effectively click the " I acknowledge and wish to continue" button from this side meaning the payment reminder will be removed for a few days. If there's anything else we can help you with moving forwards please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Thank you. Much appreciated
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Two unhelpful posts removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Really sorry. But for the second month Im having the same problem.
My pay date has moved (job change) so I'm overdue on my balance.
Still can't get to the "Acknowledge and click to continue" button.

Can you remove the restrictions again please? Balance will be cleared by Tuesday.

Thank you in advance
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to see that this issue is back for you.

I've manually removed the interruption on your account now. I suspect this will mean you won't be able to pay online via your account as there won't be an outstanding balance showing at plus.net/pay however the interruption should be re-applied automatically on Tuesday putting your account back into a failed billing state.

Once that happens if you're unable to browse to a plus.net webpage (Due to redirect errors) to make a payment online, you'd either need to pay over the phone or from a different connection i.e. mobile data.

If you don't have access to another connection we'd be happy to call you back.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you find that the splash screen times out can you please do a ping to plus.net and advise the IP address it tries to ping.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Hello lovely customer service people, can you remove the restrictions on my account again please?

I have repeatedly tried to move my payment date, on the website and over the phone. There is something wrong with your system and it is unable to be moved. There should be notes on my account about this problem.

Thank you very much in advance 😊
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @Sfgeneral1981

It looks like the restrictions have since been lifted and you should be able to use the service as normal.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Sfgeneral1981
Dabbler

Hi lovely PN staff,

Its been another month and your resolution team have still not managed to fix the problem of moving my payment date.
could you please remove the restrictions from my account?
Bill will be paid on the 25th. (again there should be notes on my account that shows this)
Thank you very much