Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Phone Line Installation TWICE!

saarah
Dabbler

Failed Phone Line Installation TWICE!

Hi,
I have had two BT engineers come out to my property over the past month and both have failed to install a BT phone line. I have Glow Warm insulation on the front of my house and they have left a bit of the front of the house without insulation so the engineer can drill a hole through the brick wall.
The 1st appointment, the BT engineer said he couldn't locate the brick wall. Even though i showed him where it was...
The 2nd visit which happened on 12th February, the engineer said he cannot put a ladder on the front of the house as he may damage the insulation and BT are already going through court cases regarding this... I find that absolutely pathetic. When i contacted a plusnet yesterday the notes on my file are that the engineer missed the appointment!!!! Well i spoke to him and he refused the installation! WHAT A DISGRACE. Can someone please HELP?!?!?!
All I want is a phone line installed! How hard can that be?
Can plusnet please request a "MULTI-SKILLED" engineer come out and install the phone line. I am not bothered about insulation being damaged I just want a working phone line no matter what they have to do to install one.
I have tried contacting the Plusnet provisions team but have waited for nearly 40 minutes on a few occasions.
My username is saarah.
I have a few question ID: 65232061, 65838072
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Failed Phone Line Installation TWICE!

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, I'm going to pick this issue up and chase up for more information on what happened yesterday.
I can see that we are due an update on the broader situation on Monday but I will be chasing this tomorrow to see what I can find out and exactly what can be done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
saarah
Dabbler

Thanks for picking this up Adam.
I look forward to hearing from you. Could you please reply via email or on this forum. I currently do not have mobile/telephone access.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
It looks like we may not have much to update you with until Monday but I'll let you know if there's any developments in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
saarah
Dabbler

Thanks Adam. Again, I will wait for your reply. Please do bear in mind if they do send out another engineer could it be a "MULTI-SKILLED" one so that I am not given any excuses.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your time on the phone just now. As mentioned I've requested new appointment and I'll get back to you within 48 hours to confirm that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
saarah
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
If there is a charge for BT to send an engineer then I would like to cancel my order. I have two failed installations because the engineers haven't been bothered to install the phone line and make lousy excuses. If there is a charge then please do put me through to the cancellations team.
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi saarah,
Don't worry, you won't be charged (the charge would be issued by us rather than BT anyway, so we can be doubly sure of that Smiley )