cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Billing

BluBelle

Failed Billing

Since last November 2018 Ive had a CONTINUAL problem with not being able to browse fully. Even when my bill has just been paid, & I get on the phone (for ages) to plusnet & they say they will fix it blah blah blah.... I cannot browse Trainline or some shopping sites, Flights only very basic stuff.... I cannot even get on to my online banking or my Plusnet dashboard.. this goes on and on even when Ive just paid or in a grace period.....its utterley FRUSTRATING.. Plusnet have re booted my system and nothing... im paying nearly £50 per mth including my landline and this is appalling.....I read as of 1stApril 2019 Broadband providers have to reimburse customers of £8 per day for loss of service...how do i go about claiming this as ive barely got any broadband but paying a fortune for the loss of... im really beyond annoyed

6 REPLIES 6
BluBelle

Re: Failed Billing

This is BluBelle & the infuriating page/s that comes up

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

I see you have other problems. in post 2.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you're having.

If you can PM me your account username we'll be happy to look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
troublesgalore

BIG BILLING PROBLEMS

I am sorry to hear that bluebelle, I have a very similar problem but bigger!

I contracted out a new 24 months tariff CHEAPER than the previous on the 31st August 2018 as follows:

the broadband will be £4.99 for 24 months,Line rental £197.88 and the call plan £8.00 per month.

Come September and October, they overcharged me by £6 each month over the old quote -which still needs to be reimbursed come April 2019! 

After trying to talk with them, - no one knowing why or what happened-  they promised to bill me the right amount that is;  £12.99 from the 11 of November onwards, and reimburse me the £12 they owed me.

It is now April 2019 and nothing is sorted! I have been in touch 10 times with them and raised 7 questions/tickets: 182585352, 182635051 on the 13th and 14th of September, 183616594/16813/17419/16958/ on the 16 October, 184282307/3062 on the 6 October.

Every time I was promised to be BILLED the with amount of £12.99 and reimbursed £12 I had overpaid. 

Come 2019 every time I contacted them,  they never bothered again with raising questions or sorting out anything for me, they simply told me that there was a 'SYSTEM PROBLEM WITH THE BILLING AND A FEW PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE IN THE SAME SITUATION" Since I now wasn't billed at all then and since then!!!!

After October, even communication fell apart and I have not been billed since!!!!!! which means that I own Plusnet 6 MONTHS of bills!!!!! which I assured them I could not possibly afford them and asked a gesture of good will because they were the cause of the problem not me.

they never bothered again with raising questions and told me that there was a 'SYSTEM PROBLEM WITH THE BILLING AND A FEW PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE STUCK IN THE SAME SITUATION" and they added that "THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHEN THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE RESOLVED, THEY WILL LET ME KNOW"

Conclusion: 6 months without billing, no communication, a new 24 months tariff, and they expect me to pay all the bills at once? not a chance! because I don't have that money! and I cannot sort their problem for them, even with my best wishes!  anyone with the same long standing problem and uncertainty from Plusnet? thank you!

BluBelle

Troubles Galore, its beyond infuriating. If i dont ring up & pay I get my broadband service completely restricted as I stopped paying by Direct debit when I took out the 24 mth contract as I was in the process of switching bank accounts anyway so ive always paid by debit card but only ever had a restricted service since last Nov 2018. There is this new penalty just come in about Broadband providers having to reimburse customers with service faults the sum of £8 per day, until fixed,Thats what I read in the Daily Mail on 31 march. However strangely i have the £6 month mobile phone package too via Direct Debit and ive just noticed theres been no money taken for the last 2 mths a bit like your account!!!! What the hell is going on...i wish i could just leave this plusnet nut im locked into a 24 mth contract but im going to email the financial ombudsmen if its not sorted pronto..i cant get on to my dasboard..its restricted every month so i shall have to phone plusnet yet again tomorrow...its unnaceptable. Everything was fine until this "new billing" system came in last year.. I believe if plusnet have not taken your money, that is their error & they cannot justify demanding a lump sum. Again i would email the ombudsmen or watchdog who have a contact page online. Its totally consuming when the internet is such a huge part of most peoples lives. I try to use mine for skype, online banking, online study, online shopping as i live in a remote area and its just not good enough

Anon
Pro

@troublesgalore wrote:

Conclusion: 6 months without billing, no communication, a new 24 months tariff, and they expect me to pay all the bills at once? not a chance! because I don't have that money! and I cannot sort their problem for them, even with my best wishes!  anyone with the same long standing problem and uncertainty from Plusnet? thank you!

Pnet have promised that they will make arrangements for customers who cannot pay the full amount, but they have also said that they will only charge for the last 90 days. So you seem to have joined the 'select' group of Pnet free use customers.

But you can also make sure that you send them an official complaint and then when they cannot solve the problem ask for a deadlock code and complain to the Ombudsman Services asking for them to immediately refund overpayment and ask for compensation for this issue and the continuing, unresolved billing issue.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.