cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Billing Page Times Out, Main PlusNet Site Blocked - Please Let Me Pay My Bill!!!

FIXED
jellybeanz
Grafter

Failed Billing Page Times Out, Main PlusNet Site Blocked - Please Let Me Pay My Bill!!!

Hello there,

I'm really getting desperate now - my bill payment failed and I have been blocked from making payment ever since. The failed payment page won't load and the main PlusNet site is blocked, so I can't log into my account! A forum member named Mads offered to help but I'm still having the same problems and I'm a day away from jumping off a cliff!

The connection has timed out

The server at failed.billing.plus.net is taking too long to respond.

The connection has timed out

The server at www.plus.net is taking too long to respond.

Please help. I just want to pay my bill. Please.

10 REPLIES 10
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Failed Billing Page Times Out, Main PlusNet Site Blocked - Please Let Me Pay My Bill!!!

Hi @jellybeanz,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry if you have had issues with paying your invoice online.

I can see a colleague has responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Failed Billing Page Times Out, Main PlusNet Site Blocked - Please Let Me Pay My Bill!!!

@Warwick - err,he can't log in to his PN account?Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@jellybeanz, if you can PM me with the best contact number and time for a call I'll be happy to arrange a call back for you to make a payment over the phone on this occasion.

With regards being unable to access our site, do you experience the same issues across multiple devices and browsers?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jellybeanz
Grafter

Another month, same problem - PLEASE JUST LET ME PAY! The failed billing screen is STILL broken, I'm still blocked from accessing my account on the main website (so no point in support tickets because I can't see them!).

I know it's not the fault of anyone here, but surely the mods have told the techies that something's wrong?! This has been going on for months!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @jellybeanz,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am very sorry to see this issue is still ongoing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I can see everything looks up to date on your account and should be working as normal. Please let us know if this is not the case and we can investigate this further for you.

Can you confirm what you mean by the website is blocked? E.g is there a white-screen? Do you receive an error message? Does the website load at all? I ask so that we can raise this to the correct team so we can get a fix rolled out onto your account.

Thank you.

jellybeanz
Grafter

This has happened AGAIN - this must be the fourth or fifth month in a row now. Can you just un-restrict the payment page permanently or let me pay for 6 months at a time or something? Nobody seems to be working on this issue.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@jellybeanz,

I've unrestricted the account again. The only way to unrestrict the account permanently is to clear any balance. We don't have the ability to pay half yearly or yearly subscription (other than for Line Rental Saver)

You'll be able to use the plus.net/pay page and if needed once the balance is cleared you can change the billing date to a more convenient date if needed.

jellybeanz
Grafter

Thank you for your help. I think you may have misunderstood slightly - there is only a balance to pay because payment fails due to a problem at your end - this is well documented all over the forum. I realise that this isn't your fault, and you're doing a great job helping people. It's just a very frustrating situation.

The plus.net/pay page doesn't work until a member of staff here removes restrictions, and only then can I pay. I am unable to use the phone due to disability and this happens month after month after month. The billing date isn't the problem. Your website is the problem, as other members of staff have confirmed repeatedly.

jellybeanz
Grafter

@JOLO If you're unaware of this problem, this post by another member may help to explain:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Failed-Bill-Bad-Redirects-Connection-Issues/m-p/161...

Specifically the following:

"YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH YOUR BILLING / DIRECT DEBIT PROCESSING SERVICE - which, as I have stated to you previously, means you do not retain my payment details due to a fault with your system not being able to take money out of holding and therefore rejecting a direct debit payment, yet still automatically restrict my internet access when payment has failed due to and error with your system - the billing team person I spoke to admitted this - and proposed no solutions to this error other than to call your telephone line."

(posted by user barbad)

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jellybeanz,

Apologies I got a tad confused. I am aware of the problems FYI.

I'll see if I can find out if there's an update on this particular one being resolved tomorrow. It's likely it will be as part of a batch and bulk change, and it's taking so long because the last thing they'd want to do is roll something that causes more problems.