cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Bill / Bad Redirects / Connection Issues.

boo1
Rising Star

Re: Failed Bill / Bad Redirects / Connection Issues.

hi  hojonorem    what   i  would  do   is   tell    one  of   the   plusnet  help   team   what   they   have   told  you   over   the  phone   to   me   it  looks   like   they   are   big   problems   with   the   payment   system     i  find   hard   to   understand   why   they   have   told   you  to   wait   19 days  i  don't  think    they   will  cut   you   off   it's   them   that   have   told   you   this   i  hope   that   they   fix   this   for   you .    i  am   sure   one   of  the  help  team  will   pick  this  up    let   me  know  how   you  get  on   thanks  from  boo1

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@boo1 

You keep making these posts which say that you do not understand things, so why do you keep posting things which do not offer any help to anyone?  The act of posting on this or any other topic will be queued for review by a staff member.  Your posting...

"what   i  would  do   is   tell    one  of   the   plusnet  help   team   what   they   have   told  you   over   the  phone"

... just queues messages which distract.

The one sure way of avoiding these failed payment issues is to set up a direct debit or card payment details on the account and pay the bill on time like everyone else does.  There is no such thing as 14 days to pay or 14 days for a user to obtain free credit - payment is due on the day the invoice is raised.  The fact that Plusnet allows 14 days for users to correct payment failures is a privilege, not a right.

If users have problems managing their cash flows, then the billing date can be changed to a date which users might find more helpful.  See the user portal - manage my bill.

Where users report the inability to access the payment screen, it would be helpful to know where they are in the failed payment journey - immediately on the invoice being raised ... or 14 days after the invoice was raised?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HojoNorem
Grafter

The thing is, I HAD my card details on the system.  A good week before I got the usual "We will take your payment on X day" email I had updated my account with a new credit card.  Between then and the Monday following my billing date (a Saturday in this case), PN's system just up and decided to forget my CC details and I was given no indication of this until after my billing date.

When I saw the email I quickly logged in and re-entered my CC details that morning and thought everything should be fine... but no, PN's billing system won't try and clear the bill as soon as fresh details are entered.  It just sits there with its digital thumb up its digital rear and then proceeds to send me the failed billing email and SMS later on that same day.

And that's when the trouble rears its head again and half of the account management system breaks down...  including the manual payment processing system, to the point that even PN staff cant access it... apparently.

I can understand why some people prefer to pay their bills manually rather than by DD or by recurring card payment.  The idea of giving somebody else the permission to just reach into your bank account and take money just doesn't sit well with some people.   When mistakes happen it can be a fight to get that money back.  Those people want as close to 100% control of their money as possible and should not be penalized for it, either directly by extra surcharges or indirectly by billing systems that are not fit for purpose.

boo1
Rising Star

hi   townman   it   is   clear   to   me    you   do   not   read   the   post   i  said   i  could   not    understand    why   somebody   would   tell   hojonorem    that   they   might   have  to   wait   19  days   after   the   billing   date   which    as  you   know   they  could  be   cut   off   and   that   they   should    contact   the  help   team   to   tell    them   what   was   said   over  the   phone  if   you   don't   think   i   am   helping   hojonored   i   have   add  trouble   with you   in   past   so  if   you  can   help   them   go  ahead    from  boo1   

boo1
Rising Star

hi   hojonorem   have   you   seen  the    post   from   townmen   he   do's   not   think   i  am   any  help   to   you   i  have  add  problems   townman   in  the  past   he   said   at   the   anybody  that   do's   not   pay   there   bill   on   time   it  will  go on   the  credit   report   this   is  not   true   so   if   you   like   to  let   townmen   know   if   was   any help   to  you   if   not   i  understand   thank  you   from   boo1   just   to  add   townmen   is   one   of   that   never   miss   a  payment   so  he  thinks   no  body  should   

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@boo1 

Please do not put words in to my mouth.  I have never stated that "anybody  that   do's   not   pay   there   bill   on   time   it  will  go on   the  credit   report".  I have though clearly articulated the payment terms - invoices are due for payment on presentation.  What happens after that is for Plusnet to dictate.  DRA and credit marking comes somewhere well after the period of 14 day reminders ... which are by definition after the "on time" payment date.

As for trouble, that too is a distortion.  Yes I have commented that your posting style is very difficult to read and generally adds little in the way of meaningful help to posters.  Payment failure threads appears to be the only topic you post to, some might see that as trolling.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@HojoNorem wrote:

The thing is, I HAD my card details on the system.  A good week before I got the usual "We will take your payment on X day" email I had updated my account with a new credit card.  Between then and the Monday following my billing date (a Saturday in this case), PN's system just up and decided to forget my CC details and I was given no indication of this until after my billing date.

Thank you for sharing that, it is useful information, which I will add to the discussion on this subject.

In the past (long distant past) I recall Plusnet's billing system sending out warning emails when registered cards were approaching expiry.  Did you need to change the card details because the card had expired, or for some other reason (detail not required)?  If yes then that points to a key business process for examination.

Your experience also suggests that there is a window before invoicing, within which changes to payment details will not be actioned.  I will ask about that specifically.

HojoNorem
Grafter

The first time this had happened nearly a year ago was when I had requested a new card from my provider because the chip on my then current one had failed.  At the time I was expecting my old card to still work for other transactions, my PN bill being one of them, while I waited for my new card but apparently the standard procedure for my provider is to immediately cancel the old card before the new one has even arrived.  Understandable in the case of a stolen card, but not in my case.  Anyway, the replacement card hadn't arrived by the time my PN bill was due.  The transaction failed (to my surprise) and the rest you are familiar with.

The current situation was caused when my CC provider decided to change from Visa to Mastercard.  When they informed me of this I started poking PN in the effort of getting my account management pages working again so I could update my details for when my new card arrived.  Eventually I had to nearly beg on my hands and knees on these very forums to get it sorted as the phone and ticket system operators were of no help.  When my new card arrives (over a month later from the date of the first notice) I log into my now working account management and update my details with the new card and you know the rest.

Actually, there is one extra thing I kinda remember from my last phone convo with PN now I've thought it over some more, it seem that the system knows that there is an unpaid bill yet when the operator looked at his end I distinctly remember him saying something along the lines of 'the system isn't showing any outstanding bills' even though he had just quoted me the invoice amount seconds before. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The latter might be part of the complications which arise when a failed payment status is suspended. It appears that some parts of the system do not believe that there’s an outstanding bill.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

This thread is 2 YEARS ,, Yes 2 years old and the same problem is occurring 🤔🤔🤔

boo1
Rising Star

hi   townmen  just   to  make   this  clear   to   you   i  do  not   troll  to   anybody   i  am  not   that   kind   of   person   and  i  do  not  put  words  in  to  anybody mouth   . just  to  let   you   know   this  will   be   the  last  time   you  will   ear  from  me  from  boo1   and   in future  if   you   don't  understand   me   please  do   not   reply