cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Bill / Bad Redirects / Connection Issues.

Macc2018
Rising Star

Re: Failed Bill / Bad Redirects / Connection Issues.

PN why do you keep blaming us customers for the fault?

you know its a issue at your end that since the new billing came in people are being blocked on day 1 after a failed DD so why are you not spending time sorting it out at your end and not keep saying its at the customers end?

blocks should not happen till day 14 but you are doing it on day 1 for some reason and i am sure ofcom would get you moving to get it fixed but till ofcom get hold of it you will not do anything about it.

i have been a customer of PN for about a year and a half and for the last year its gone downhill and i am glad that my contract is up in Aug.

eeveevolvePlus
Hooked

I for one are getting sick of it, and the staff on the phone lines are doubly sick of it. 

The last time i had to call (Now had to do it 4 times since the shiny useless new billing system) 41 minute wait and the guy on the phone said his last 8 calls were clicking a button on their systems to solve this issue....

mcgnso
Dabbler

Could you remove the restriction from my account please. I've been with pn for years but this last year or so has been issue after issue.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi mcgnso@

We're really sorry about your splash screen.

I have removed this manually and updated you via ticket also here

Kind Regards

mcgnso
Dabbler

Thanks but it's back. Could you please remove it agian. I don't understand why you have resticeted access to your own site. Every Plusnet page takes 60+ seconds to load if they load at all and there is no way to actually pay online anymore.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mcgnso,

I'm very sorry that the splash screen has returned and that it's not allowing you to make your payment online - I'll pass on feedback about this.

I've removed the restriction and your services should be back to normal right away and have made a change on your account that should hopefully stop this from returning.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
eeveevolvePlus
Hooked

>and have made a change on your account that should hopefully stop this from returning.

Could you please make this change to the hundreds of people this happens to each month without fail?

This isnt the only thread about the issue.

SiNNER
Grafter

Don't worry people their service has gone downhill over the last year, Trying to pay my bill and I can't access their online payment system and I was on their phone service this morning for 30minutes to get my bill paid which is done now.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @SiNNER

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues trying to make a payment online today, but I'm pleased to note that this has now been resolved and that a ticket on your account has been created to confirm this.

If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes

Dave

barbad
Hooked

Hello,

The redirects are back.

I am following up on my complaint which was officially registered with your customer service team 4 weeks ago - please remove restrictions that have been placed on my account for failed billing BECAUSE OF A FAULT ON YOUR END TO WHICH YOU PROVIDE NO SOLUTION OTHER THAN TO MANUALLY AUTHORISE A PAYMENT EVERY SINGLE MONTH VIA TELEPHONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE RESTRICTED YOUR OWN WEBSITE!

This is completely unacceptable and has now occurred for the 4th time in a row. I will be taking it to the governing body Ofcom and in the meanwhile I'm putting in an official request to void the contract to you since no steps have been taken to resolve this critical issue.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @barbad, thanks for your post.

I've checked your connection and can see that it does seem that the account had been automatically restricted due to non-payment. I've removed these restrictions, however, I would point out that if you're having difficulty with the website then you are able to make payment by phone to avoid this happening again. We wouldn't seek to cancel your contract based on your preferred payment method being unavailable.

I can confirm that our network operations team are working to resolve the splash screen issue.

With regards your complaint, I can see from the file that you did not respond to the complaint ticket raised and so it was closed as per this ticket.

For reference, if you're seeking to escalate your complaint the agency that you'd want to speak to would be the Communications Ombudsman and not Ofcom.

barbad
Hooked

"I would point out that if you're having difficulty with the website then you are able to make payment by phone to avoid this happening again"

YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH YOUR BILLING / DIRECT DEBIT PROCESSING SERVICE - which, as I have stated to you previously, means you do not retain my payment details due to a fault with your system not being able to take money out of holding and therefore rejecting a direct debit payment, yet still automatically restrict my internet access when payment has failed due to and error with your system - the billing team person I spoke to admitted this - and proposed no solutions to this error other than to call your telephone line (which on average results in a 20 minute hold - I'm to do this monthly, as your billing team do not take payment for the annual amount).

That is a breach of contract. the contract is for providing internet service in exchange for money. not restricted service in exchange for money and long winded written and telephone correspondence with customer service on a monthly basis.

"We wouldn't seek to cancel your contract based on your preferred payment method being unavailable"

My preferred mode of payment being direct debit - you know, that obscure method that every single other internet provider and subscription service is able to process. I do not see any solutions being proposed other than to manually reenter my payment details on a monthly basis - because apparently I am someone who has absolutely nothing better to do.

"With regards your complaint, I can see from the file that you did not respond to the complaint ticket raised and so it was closed as pethis ticket."

That seems to be a dead URL - The issue with regards to this supposed ticket does not warrant a response other than can you fix it - Having checked my email I have not received any notification of an open ticket from plusnet - what's the process of re-opening this ticket?

"For reference, if you're seeking to escalate your complaint the agency that you'd want to speak to would be the Communications Ombudsman and not Ofcom."

Awesome, thanks - your customer service team specifically mentioned Ofcom when I asked for means of escalation of  this matter. But I'll definitely be trying that because it may lead to a quicker resolution than dealing with the level of help provided.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @barbad,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this billing issue and for the length of time that this is taking to resolve.

I'm sorry to hear that it's not allowing you to view the ticket. We're unable to re-open tickets that have closed down automatically, I'm afraid. If you'd like to raise the complaint as a ticket you can do this via the help assistant here. Please see the page here for more information on our complaints and escalation process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Macc2018
Rising Star

PN still dont get it do they?

PN please the problem is at your end not at the customers end.

stop saying sorry all the dam time and just fix the issue as its been going on ever since the new billing started.

the funny thing about it is that you are telling us to ring up to make payment but when we do there is a voice message saying you dont take payments over the phone anymore!!!!!

you cant even get that right.

think its time to walked away from BT as they are dragging you down with all these problems and the poor customer service over the last year.

mcgnso
Dabbler

Right on cue, the issue is back. Please can you remove the restrictions again? Thanks.