Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Order and Line Rental Saver

mckerlie676
Dabbler

FTTC Order and Line Rental Saver

Hi
I have a FTTC order and Openreach are due to attend on Friday 15th August. During the call when I placed the order I did not take out line rental saver but decided to afterwards - I clicked on the link in the e-mail I was sent and processed my payment. It might be just a coincidence but since doing that my Fibre Extra Unlimited order on my account details is showing as complete and the date on it shows as 11/08/2014.
Can one of the PlusNet team take a look and make sure everything looks ok? I have raised a ticket but the lead time is quite long and I would like to get an answer sooner if the forum staff can help.
Many thanks
14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: FTTC Order and Line Rental Saver

During the call when I placed the order I did not take out line rental saver but decided to afterwards
Are you aware that Line Rental saver does not include any call package ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mckerlie676
Dabbler

Hi MisterW
According to this page http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans Evenings and Weekends is free for Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra and there is no stipulation that this does not apply if you have line rental saver.
I can see that if you have ADSL Unlimited then the weekends plan is free, but this is not compatible with line rental saver and it is just line only.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,
That was my understanding originally, that E & W was included in the Unlimited Fibre product. Apparently not if you take Line Rental Saver according to a recent post ( which I can't find at the moment! ). I must admit that seems wrong to me, either E & W is included with Unlimited Fibre or it isn't, it shouldn't depend on how you pay for Line rental! . It really is most confusing since if you read the T & C's here http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/  
Unlimited Fibre broadband from £3.75 a month for the first 6 months then £14.99 a month when you take line rental – 18 month contract:
   This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from plus.net or by calling between 4th August and 2nd September 2014.
   Must sign up to an 18 month minimum contract for:
   Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband and;
   Plusnet Line rental at £15.95 a month, which includes evening and weekend calls^ or Line Rental Saver at £155.88 by paying for 12 months in advance (equivalent of £12.99 a month) which does not include any inclusive calls.
   You may add any Plusnet call plan at an additional cost.
   Receive an £11.24 discount each month for 6 months on the standard Unlimited Fibre Broadband price of £14.99 a month (or the standard Unlimited Fibre Broadband price of £22.49 a month if you live outside of a low-cost area).
   If you live in a low cost area the total price you will pay for the first 6 months is £16.74 per month (with line rental saver) and £19.70 per month (with standard line rental), outside of a low cost area £24.24 (with line rental saver) or £27.20 (with standard line rental).
   After the 6 month offer period you'll simply pay the standard price for your Unlimited Fibre Broadband (currently £14.99 a month in low cost areas otherwise £22.49 a month), phone package and Line Rental.

In fact I was considering moving to Unlimited Fibre and moving my phone from BT when my LRS expires later this year but the lack of included E & W calls is a deal breaker for me.
edit: found the thread I referred to above http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129987.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: MisterW
... It really is most confusing since if you read the T & C's here http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/  ....

Call me dense, Mr W, but I followed the link quoted above but could not find Terms & Conditions.
On the other hand, the FAQ makes it clear that LRS 'cancels' the Weekends call plan but says nothing to suggest that it 'cancels' the Evenings and Weekends plan.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Call me dense, Mr W, but I followed the link quoted above but could not find Terms & Conditions
Ah, sorry it's actuallly called 'Here's The legal bit' , there's a drop-down link just under the main package descriptions.
and as you say, the FAQ doesn't mention anything about losing the E & W plan on Fibre.

petecov44
Grafter

Good point. I have unlimited fibre and I got weekend calls which means I get shafted + increased line rental which I wont take
con con con
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your appointment is still booked in for this Friday and you're on the Talk Anytime plan.
mckerlie676
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Chris
I am pleased to hear that the appointment is still scheduled.
With regards to Line Rental Saver - I have a home phone product change in progress to to to Evening and Weekends from Talk Anytime - this completes towards the end of August
I clicked the link to purchase Line Rental Saver which was provided to me in a support ticket. I was not informed that the purchase of line rental saver would then mean I would no longer get the evening and weekends call plan for free. The link I have provided above also takes you to a page where it does not advise that it is Line Only.
**EDIT**
It looks like my call plan is changing to TALK evening and weekends - which appears to still be free?  
from Member Centre 'Talk Anytime - This product is changing to Talk Evenings & Weekends on 28-08-2014'
There is also a strange service note on my account too which appeared after ordering line rental saver:
This question is confirmation that your Talk Anytime contracted service has now activated.
Contract Length: 18 Months
You can view further information about this contract on the Account Summary page in the Account Details section of the portal.
mckerlie676
Dabbler

Hi Chris / PlusNet
The Fibre installation went without a problem - thank you. I'm now enjoying nearly maxed out speeds on Fibre Extra
Can you look into my above post regarding the Line Rental Saver and Call Plan confusion?
Thanks
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mckerlie676,
Glad to hear FTTC was installed successfully for you!
I can confirm that Evening & Weekends will be included in your Line Rental Saver.
This isn't connected to you having Fibre Unlimited Extra though, it's to do with the tier of LRS that you've taken. The LRS that you've paid for comes with included E&W calls. If you'd taken the lower tier LRS then this wouldn't have included any calls and you would therefore not get E&W calls for free, regardless of being on Fibre Unlimited Extra.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

This isn't connected to you having Fibre Unlimited Extra though, it's to do with the tier of LRS that you've taken.
Would you care to explain that a little more please Linn. Huh I was not aware that there was more than one option for LRS. Yes, there were older versions of LRS that included E & W calls but the current LRS doesn't, so we're told.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

They're not "options" per say, MisterW.
It depends on what line rental bracket the customer falls under (depending on when they signed up and if they're upgrading or only changing their call package).
Line Rental Saver at £155.88 has no inclusive calls.
Line Rental Saver at £137.88 includes E & W calls.
Line Rental Saver at £131.88 has no inclusive calls.
So yes, MisterW, the current LRS does not include E & W.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It depends on what line rental bracket the customer falls under (depending on when they signed up and if they're upgrading or only changing their call package).

Ah! I think I understand now. So the OP, having had his line rental for some time  (but not LRS), was still able to take out LRS at the old rate. I had mistakenly assumed that any new taking out of LRS would be at the new rate and conditions.
Thanks for the clarification Linn

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, that's right, MisterW. No problem, glad we got there in the end! Smiley