cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Plusnet: Notice of termination

wilko1984

FAO Plusnet: Notice of termination

Dear Plusnet,

Since there is no other way apparent of writing to you. As per my telephone conversation half an hour ago with your very unhelpful operator. I hereby give you notice to terminate my contract. 

Your customer service is appalling and I am changing providers. 

Before your colleague cut me off - admittedly, I told him to shut up after he refused to listen to me, at which point he hung up- he advised me that my contract is due to expire in January and the early cancellation fee is circa £28. I have cancelled my direct debit, so please send me my final bill and I will arrange payment so that I can be finished with you full stop.

As I have advised your operator, I called this evening and waited for half an hour, only for the operator to refuse taking my notice to terminate because the department that takes this is Closed. This is a bad excuse. There is no mention of this on your website, it just says if your thinking of leaving you, call the number. It is not convenient for me to speak any other time and I will not be calling again. I look forward to receiving the final bill.

Please send confirmation by email to me.

Sincerely.

LW

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: FAO Plusnet: Notice of termination

As far as I'm aware the only two methods of cancellation are by phone or snail mail.

If you are going to another provider then why not let them take over the line which will cancel your Plusnet account and you will get a final bill.

Cancelling with Plusnet may cause problems further on during the switch.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Mav

Whilst I am not thinking of leaving your advice of changing to a new provider rather that attempting to cancel your account with PN is valuable advice and it should be in a prominent area on PN's main page as it might help to overcome some of the problems when changing providers

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jonnoandrews
Hooked

Yep, you'll end up with a line that needs the marker removed before you can move elsewhere, and end up with all manner of problems if your line ceases.  You could be offline for 6 weeks like I was in the past. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi LW. I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us.

I have cancelled my direct debit, so please send me my final bill and I will arrange payment so that I can be finished with you full stop.

We've received notification that your service is moving to a new provider.

Our billing team will update this ticket with your final bill once that happens.

As I have advised your operator, I called this evening and waited for half an hour, only for the operator to refuse taking my notice to terminate because the department that takes this is Closed. This is a bad excuse. There is no mention of this on your website, it just says if your thinking of leaving you, call the number.

I'm sorry to hear you called us after our cancellations team had closed.

I've been through the contact us page. From selecting the relevant options for thinking of leaving us, I can see that we advise of the best number to call us on along with the opening hours.

Capture 2.PNG

I'd like to wish you all the best with your new provider.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet