cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO:- Mand site team

Surfer
Grafter

FAO:- Mand site team

A while back you mentioned it may be possible to pay up to a year in advance.  As I am unemployed this is a preferable option for me.  I would like to pay in full upfront for the remainder of my contract which ends in Feb 2011.  
How do i go about doing this and are you able to access my details and send an email to my registered email address?  Many thanks.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  title modified to avoid upsetting Mand ]
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): I've also moved the thread to a more appropriate board.]
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FAO:- Mand site team

Hi Surfer,
I'm answering as Mand has moved to another part of the company and doesn't have an active a role in the forums any more.
I've checked this and I'm afraid we don't offer an option at present to pay for a full year's billing. The main reason is that the majority of our account types have a monthly usage allowance which means that the monthly bills can vary, this and a few other factors mean that we have to go on billing on a month-by-month basis.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Surfer
Grafter

This must be the only company in the whole fo the UK that don't like money paid up front.  Last year I paid up front no issue, but thsi year all sorts of obstacles have been pout in my way preventing this.  Please advise on the cost for terminating the current contract that I have with Plusnet and I will pay it up front.  Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We don't openly offer this to customers. Numerous things have changed in the last year which is why you will have found this more difficult to request.
I can get this arranged but only on the proviso that we keep you on a value account type and set a cap on the account to keep the bandwidth at 10gb.
Sorry for the apparent obstacles here but please let me know if you are OK with this and I'll put the wheels in motion.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  I am very lucky if I hit 3Gb a month never mond 10GB.  If it can be arranged I will beeb grateful.  When you are on low income it allows you to budget better as no DD etc.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry for a delayed reply Surfer,
To get this done we just need you to update your account with card details so that we can take the annual fee. Once you have I'll bill you for 12 months, move the invoice date on and apply discounts to the account so that the monthly billing run doesn't kick in when it shouldn't.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Surfer
Grafter

Hi Adam, As per my first post, I only want to pay upfront for the remainder of my contract which expires in March 2011 and not a full 12 months.  If I am still happy with the service then i will pay upfront for the next 12 months.
Lurker
Grafter

Contracts are monthly aren't they?
12mth contracts don't exist any more AFAIK
Surfer
Grafter

I moved house shortly after my original contract `expired and was re-connected at our new residnce on the same day therefroe agreed a a new 12 month stint to avoid charges.  Friends of ours tried to do this with Talk Talk and after a month still nothing so I told them about Plus net and they then joined.  Unfortunately at the time I forgot about the referral so lost out on that one.
James
Grafter

Surfer,
How long ago did they join?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Surfer,
That's fine just drop us a reply on here when you've updated your billing details and I'll do that for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Surfer,
How long ago did they join?

About a month to 6 weeks ago.  Thye had just moved to Bexhill.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Surfer
I moved house shortly after my original contract `expired and was re-connected at our new residnce on the same day therefroe agreed a a new 12 month stint to avoid charges.  Friends of ours tried to do this with Talk Talk and after a month still nothing so I told them about Plus net and they then joined.  Unfortunately at the time I forgot about the referral so lost out on that one.

If you both raise tickets referencing the appropriate username, the superstars at PN can join them up and ensure you get referrals henceforth.
My query about contracts is not hugely relevant, but I think you will find that you only have a 12mth period for deferred costs on your account relating to the house move. This doesn't constitute a commitment to stay with PN (although I accept the financial inducement may amount to the same thing on a tight budget)
James
Grafter

James has beaten me to it.
Drop me a PM with the guys username and I'll make sure you get the referral.