Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra usage billing query

colbrad
Grafter

Extra usage billing query

Ticket number: 47252302
Doesn't look like my usage history was reset on the 1st of the month so I've opened a ticket. Any MAAF persons could you please look into this for me thanks.
Also is it new that Extra Usage is now applied to the next available bill, there used to be a month delay if I recall correctly.

Posted on the ThinkBroadband http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname/t/4048909-re-broadband-usage-history.html forum on Sunday 1st October.
I was aware I'd gone over my Max Premier usage by a fair amount in September, and had a Madasafish notification email on September 29th stating I'd reached 61GB. Last night I left the computer on and this morning have received 4 notification emails with the most recent stating I've now reached 65GB!?
Looking at My Account usage history still has the 1st October showing in September usage, with a total of 3.15GB for 1st October. But yet in October usage says 556.14MB. Anyone still having these problems or is My Account playing up?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Extra usage billing query

Hi there,
It depends when the usage resets really. Any usage from the 1st before the usage reset will go on the current month, any after will be on the next. Unfortunately whilst all maaf accounts have their usage reset on the 1st, it can't all happen at the same time.
colbrad
Grafter

Hi Matt thanks for the reply,
does what you say mean I will be charged for the extra usage on 1st October even though my bill is for September? My invoice states that the extra usage is for "Additional Data Transfer Charge Until 01/10/2011"
I'd always understood this meant prior to the 1st of the following month not including the 1st of the month.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately as I said we can't process the usage reset on every account at midnight exactly on the first, which means that any usage before the reset script runs will count to the previous month. If you check your usage for the two months there's a usage figure on both for the first of the month, but they're differing amounts rather than the same amount twice.