cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Broadband Usage Gripe

TheGibb0

Extra Broadband Usage Gripe

Hi,
After using Sky Go via my xbox to watch football for the 1st time on Sunday I checked my email and found that I will have £10 extra usage charges (2 x 5GB chunks). My problem with this is that my only knowledge of it was today. I'm not big on email and would have much prefered to be contacted via text which Plusnet have done before (as i would have stopped watching immediatly).
I'm a new customer and still in my first month and hadnt set a limit on additional charges. I have decided to just increase my limit to the 60GB product (no email or text confirmation for my order however) as i plan to keep streaming live TV but i am just not that happy with how Plusnet have gone about charging me for one days usage.
I understand nothing is free in this world and you pay for what you use but i believe i could have been better notified as like i have said i'm happy to upgrade my account now i know i'm using alot more GB's than i previousley have before.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Extra Broadband Usage Gripe

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the issues you've had.
I'm not big on email and would have much prefered to be contacted via text which Plusnet have done before (as i would have stopped watching immediatly

The SMS alerting is a good idea but unfortunately the usage reporting isn't in realtime so it's unlikely that you would have received the warning before running up the usage.

The change to Extra will go through on your next billing date, however I'll pop a ticket on your account with some info that I hope will be good news.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TheGibb0

Re: Extra Broadband Usage Gripe

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the quick response and all round excellent customer service.