cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer wanting to change policy

wivenhoe1

Existing customer wanting to change policy

Hi I am currently paying £14.99 line rental (weekends & evenings) & £6.49 broadband (10gb per month usage).
Is it possible that my account be updated so that I pay £14.50 line rental & £3.49 broadband?
Are there any extra charges or downsides that I should be aware of?
Many thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Existing customer wanting to change policy

only by phoning the customer options team and see what they will offer
    0845 140 6002
    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
wivenhoe1

Oh I hoped that a PlusNet representative on the forums would be able to sort it for (they did last time).
I'm not giving up hope just yet...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Changing package isn't something we do via the forums as the best deals are available from the customer options team, the numbers oldjim has provided are the best way to get in touch with them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wivenhoe1

Yeah I just wanted to find out some information on behalf on my uncle who isn't very tech savvy. He is reluctant to ring as he would most likely become confused and flustered. We tried to change the policy online but the option for £3.49 broadband isn't there...
peter10
Grafter

I think that you will find that the offer is for new customers only. The paragraph below is taken from the "Here's the legal bit" of the advert.
Unlimited broadband from £3.49 a month for the first 12 months then £9.99 a month when you take line rental – 12 month contract:
•This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from plus.net or by calling Plusnet between 7th May and 8th July 2014
Typical of so many firms PN try to attract new customers with cheap offers at the expense of existing ones. As Oldjim said your best bet is to phone customer options and hope to get a decent offer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is one of life's "If you don't ask (the right person) you'll never know what you might get".  Phone COTS, they are very helpful / friendly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wivenhoe1

Thanks guys, have passed this on but he wasn't very keen or happy. He is considering TalkTalk instead. Silly of PlusNet to lose customers this way.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Better tell him that going to TalkTalk will mean a £35 cancellation charge
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: wivenhoe1
...but he wasn't very keen or happy. He is considering TalkTalk instead. Silly of PlusNet to lose customers this way.

What's the problem?  Nothing silly here from PN, in fact quite the opposite - the rules are quite clear, those new price deals are for new customers only.  However PN is mindful about trying to keep customers who are thinking of leaving; they are able to ask COTS (the people you need to call to end your service with PN) if they could also do a deal for them too.  The worse that is going to happen (for the sake of asking) is you get told "No"... but I'd guess that is quite unlikely.
For goodness sake, if he's got a PN phone line as well, he won't even pay for the phone call.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The OP needs to be aware that the £14.50 per month phones package includes weekend calls only, whereas the legacy £14.99 per month phone package includes evenings and weekend calls. When calling the COT it is possible to retain the current phone package if desired.
If the COT can offer a discount almost certainly this will require a new contract to be started.
David
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim

While plusnet have this penalty clause in their contracts, if your on a plusnet high cost exchange ( market 1 ) and the likes of talk talk have un bundled the exchange then even after taking into account the plusnet penalty Talk Talk would still be significantly cheaper year on year.
There are supposed to be some new packages announced  next week (10th ) so it may be worth waiting a little while to see if plusnet will be competitive, and will lower their prices if not then get ready to move on.
At the moment im not convinced.
peter10
Grafter

If he is determined to go with TalkTalk then has he thought about going via a cashback site? Topcashback are offering between £85 and £42 at the moment depending on the package. This would help pay for the cancellation charge. Cashback can never be guaranteed so don't rely on it but if he is changing supplier then it may be worth a try.
wivenhoe1

Quote from: pint
Quote from: Oldjim

While plusnet have this penalty clause in their contracts, if your on a plusnet high cost exchange ( market 1 ) and the likes of talk talk have un bundled the exchange then even after taking into account the plusnet penalty Talk Talk would still be significantly cheaper year on year.
There are supposed to be some new packages announced  next week (10th ) so it may be worth waiting a little while to see if plusnet will be competitive, and will lower their prices if not then get ready to move on.
At the moment im not convinced.

This is exactly what he is thinking. It is up to him, I'll let you know what he does...
petecov44
Grafter

I hope he's got lots of paracetamol at the ready as dealing with Talk Talk is generally a headache and a ballache all rolled into one.
Don't get me started on their Customer Un service