cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer contract ended - Any good deals on offer?

dhd101212
Dabbler

Existing customer contract ended - Any good deals on offer?

My contract ended in July this year and my monthly bill went up by £2.99 a month due to a discount ending when my contract did.  Has anyone managed to get a decent deal to renew lately from Plusnet?

I am happy to stay with Plusnet but like everyone it comes down to the overall cost of the package on offer.  At the moment I paid £185.88 for line rental saver in June, £14.99 for unlimited fibre 38 meg and £7.49 for the call package. Totalling £22.49 a month or £37.98 with the line rental saver into account.

Given new customers can get the same deal for £32.99 (£25.50 + £7.49), I do think there has to be a better deal for existing customers to re contract?

Any ideas on what I might be able to push for if I re contract?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Existing customer contract ended - Any good deals on offer?

Have you tried ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving). You may have to agree to a new contract.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Why not change provider every time your contract expires and be a perpetual new customer, that way you always get a good deal?

flamesong
Grafter

As I mentioned in a different thread, I was just informed that my bill was going up by 50% to over £32 per month for unlimited broadband, evenings and weekend calls and line rental. I spoke to two people at customer services who phoned me and neither could offer me anything better and despite having been with Plusnet for almost seven years, they didn't seem too bothered that I could find much better deals elsewhere - £19.99 per month with Post Office (18m) and £22.45 with John Lewis (12m). I opted with John Lewis because their estimated speed was twice what the Post Office Offered and there were a couple of other little details but the irony is that John Lewis say that their broadband is provided by Plusnet and they are reselling it much cheaper than Plusnet can offer it to me.

It feels to me like something self-destructive is happening at Plusnet - the acquisition of Life mobile seems to have caused a lot of upset for migrating customers and everything seems to be plate spinning. The company ownership of Plusnet, Life (ergo EE) all falls under BT so it makes very little sense that another company at the bottom of the food chain, as it were, is undercutting everybody above them.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@flamesong wrote:

As I mentioned in a different thread, I was just informed that my bill was going up by 50% to over £32 per month for unlimited broadband, evenings and weekend calls and line rental. I spoke to two people at customer services who phoned me and neither could offer me anything better and despite having been with Plusnet for almost seven years, they didn't seem too bothered that I could find much better deals elsewhere - £19.99 per month with Post Office (18m) and £22.45 with John Lewis (12m). I opted with John Lewis because their estimated speed was twice what the Post Office Offered and there were a couple of other little details but the irony is that John Lewis say that their broadband is provided by Plusnet and they are reselling it much cheaper than Plusnet can offer it to me.

If the Post Office are offering 18 Mbps for £19.99 & John Lewis are offering 12 Mbps for £22.45  how can John Lewis be offering twice the speed?

To the casual reader it looks as though you've decided to pay more for less.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I read the m to mean month, i.e. length of contract.

flamesong
Grafter

As observed by caravanj, 18m and 12m referred to the lengths of contracts. JL speed estimate was 15-20Mbps and PO was 8Mbps.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @dhd101212,

As Mav has said, the best option for staying with us and reducing the cost would be to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 as they'll be able to provide the best offer we can give, although it will be on a new contract.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet