cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Customer Rip Off upgrading?

Charles101
Grafter

Existing Customer Rip Off upgrading?

I've been with PN on the Essentials Broadband and anytime calls for ages normally staying about 2 to 4GB/month, but had some strange usage crop up last month on 3 days which put me 35GB over my limit. So big bill and not even in and nothing shows on my logs.
Anyway wondered about upgrading to the advertised Unlimited Broadband and anytime calls at £14.50 line rental plus anytime calls at £8.25 for a 12 month contract.  As soon as I go to upgrade get a new £9.99 per month broadband plus the phone. 
This seems like both false advertising as the page lists lower charges then ups them substantially (it makes no mention that this is not available to existing customers) and really rather ripping off existing customers.  Sad I don't even need the wireless router included.
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 348

Re: Existing Customer Rip Off upgrading?

You need to speak to the customer options team and see what kind of a deal they'll do for you Smiley

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

@charles101
The details for that team are shown here under "residential cancellations" I realise you don't wish to cancel and I'm not encouraging you to either but they are the right team to speak with re this: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Charles101
Grafter

Thanks Adam, will give the cancelation people a try.  I had a cold call from the sales people offering a 50p per month discount which hardly seemed worthwhile. Also just had a frined get a much better offer after being with PN for only a couple of years.  Just made me a bit cheesed (OK, ripped) off.
Charles