cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Customer Email offer for Fibre - A few questions please.

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Existing Customer Email offer for Fibre - A few questions please.

I’d recommend doing a factory reset of the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset hole at the back for 20 seconds. That should kick start the automatic setup process.

Alternatively if you change the username to the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net (Unless you’ve got a force9 account then I believe it’ll be @f9.co.uk) then use your account password, you should be able to connect. Smiley
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Mustrum - thank you. sorted, it was exactly that. as I suspected but I didn't know how to correct it.

Anoush - I did try the reset button but nothing seemed to happen, I didn't hold it for 20 secs though, about 5 - 10. should the lights change to say the reset is happening? im not trying again, everything appears sorted Cheesy

just to play the Fibre waiting game now.

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

p.s this is exactly why I have stayed with plusnet for 10+ years. rarely needed to make contact but when I have for whatever reason things get sorted.

thanks to all.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that @monkeyexpressPF

Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

hello.

its the 20th, the day I should be upgraded. I have received an email from Plusnet during the night saying "Your broadband product change is now complete". my line speed is still on "up to 8mb" speeds. is this the correct procedure and the line will go live later?

also just checking my account I cant see any mention of the cost being the reduced offer cost. does that just get applied on a per invoice basis and is reduced to the offer price per month?

thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have received an email from Plusnet during the night saying "Your broadband product change is now complete". my line speed is still on "up to 8mb" speeds. is this the correct procedure and the line will go live later?

Yep, that's right.

also just checking my account I cant see any mention of the cost being the reduced offer cost. does that just get applied on a per invoice basis and is reduced to the offer price per month?

Yeah we've applied discounts to each invoice for the length of your new contract.

I don't think these discounts are reflected in your account on your side.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

woooossshhh...

all up and running. a quick test shows 37.7 up and 7.7 down (whatever that means) but its big numbers to me Smiley

thanks for the support on this thread. off to upload some photos that I've been putting off for months.

thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yay. I remember when I first got fibre broadband. Was a glorious day. Cheesy

No problems at all. Feel free to let us know if you ever need any help in the future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@monkeyexpressPF wrote:

woooossshhh...

all up and running. a quick test shows 37.7 up and 7.7 down (whatever that means) but its big numbers to me Smiley

Are you sure you haven't got your UP and DOWN reversed?

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

indeed. Cheesy

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

everything running great. don't wish to sound petty but having just received this months invoice I see a couple of call charges that appear to be from the day I was updated to Fibre and to a number that appears to be openreach related.

if I'm wrong then apologies but it this is the case can I get the charges refunded?

thank you.

02087599036 20/04/2018 13:59:49 00:02:00 £0.47
  02087599036 20/04/2018 13:59:25 00:01:00

£0.34

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear your new fibre connection is running OK.

From a Google search of that number it appears it's used by an engineer to dial home to test a phone line.

I'll make sure your call charges from that day are refunded once your invoice clears.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet