Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Now LLU'd.... What can PN do??

G0FHM
Grafter

Exchange Now LLU'd.... What can PN do??

Hi Guys,
We have just had TalkTalk knocking on the door.... apparently our exchange has just been LLU'd, and they are offering 13Mb/s, Unlimited on the Pro package, and unlimited landline calls 24/7.
All for £25 a month.
We are currently paying £39 a month for the old "unlimited" package, with 8Mb/s, and Talk Anytime.
Now the exchange has been LLU'd, would PN be able to do something to bring the package down to that kind of spec/price level?
Just wondering if any of you have had a similar experience, before I get on the phone and try to haggle?
Cheers,
James
9 REPLIES 9
win7xp
Grafter

Re: Exchange Now LLU'd.... What can PN do??

Excellent package and speed
BUT
All my dealings with Talk Talk has lead me to the conclusion to awoid like the plague !
Now if the LLU operator was O2 or BeThere that would be a different story
G0FHM
Grafter

Well, yes...
I've not heard much good about TT in the past, I must admit.... but as you said, the package & speed is very tempting.
Thats why I'm quite keen to stay with PN... the tech support is second to none (the Sheffield mob anyhow), and speeds etc are always good.
I'm just wondering whether it would be worth negotiating with PN, to see if they can match it.
James
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

We have TT LLU on our exchange and for the people I know who have it, it works fine.
Mostly "older generation" who need to save money and aren't heavy downloaders but do use it often during the day.
To be fair I think they have worked there way out of the initial overload, now some years ago.
BUT they now have to absorb the Tiscali base...... Cry
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

My daughter and son-in-law have TT LLU up to 8Mb package inc phone calls and rental; i'd been on at them for ages to sort out their connection as it was so slow (~ 0.8Mb usually at best) which seemed very wrong to me.
Recently after numerous phone calls to TT Tech support without any improvement  my SIL got very angry and ask for Cancellations despite dire warnings of charges. He was immediately escalated to a higher level , who within minutes, had increased his speed to 6.8Mb !!!
Appears as if TT take on more customers than their exchange kit can really cope with, so they artificially restrict the connection until someone gets p....ed off enough to threaten leaving whatever the cost!!
G0FHM
Grafter

We had a similar issue with Sky last year....
We were on their non LLU "Connect" package, and it gradually slowed..... at some points, dial up would have been quicker! We couldnt even run the BT Speedtester, as it was that slow it would time out and fail.
The calls to tech support produced the usual fobbing off by support staff reading from scripts..... their favourite one was to ask the customer to run Netstat.... and if there were more than 5 connections showing, then blame that! It was nigh on impossible to get escalated to the next level in the food chain, cos as far as they were concerned, there was no problem their end.
The reason? Sky cramming people in like sardines, and not buying more pipes......
The final clincher was when we rang to get the MAC..... poor old matey on the phone couldnt bring it up, as the page wouldnt load on his PC!
I'm hoping that PN can do a deal, as I really dont want to have to migrate..... but, £15 is £15... especially when the cost of everything is rocketing, and I havent had a pay rise for 2 years...  Embarrassed
James
Apprentice
Grafter

@ G0FHM
Why not see what is available from your exchange, there might be better LLU providers there.
G0FHM
Grafter

Sam hasnt updated his pages yet.....
Still showing as non LLU!!
People rave about O2, but a friend of mine found them to be a little over zealous when enforcing download limits and applying traffic management etc.
We want a fairly "fat" package, as we have 3 PC's, one laptop and worse still, one teenager in the house!!
My mum is with PN LLU having migrated from BT a month or so back, and the difference is immense.
I'll get my other half to have a word with PN, as the account is in her name!
James
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Couple of points
My mum is with PN LLU having migrated from BT a month or so back, and the difference is immense.

Plusnet don't do LLU at all
O2 is good if it is LLU but a disaster if it is Access which isn't
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: G0FHM

Does
PN=Plusnet
LLU=Local Loop Unbundling
If so these do not go together if migrated in the last month.  Wink