cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive invoice

kissack
Grafter

Excessive invoice

+net ceased to be my provider on 9 Nov, yet to day I have an email with an invoice detail of £40.  Most of which relates to next months service (for which i am not being supplied).
I thought a quick ticket would resolve the problem, but it says 3 tickets in the maximum, with no obvious way to close one and raise another.
seems a bit of a sour end to my many years with +net
--
Allan

12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Excessive invoice

have you tried phoning, that would be better than a ticket anyway
kissack
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
have you tried phoning, that would be better than a ticket anyway

I did, but with 30 calls waiting (longest about 20 mins) decided against it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well it is a free number  0800 4320200
kissack
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
well it is a free number  0800 4320200

that's great but I cant spare 20 mins listening to hold music.  Although I see now the waiting time has dropped,  but I have littel confidence in a satisfactory account billing enquiry (at 10pm) being answered with any authority/decisive action.
kissack
Grafter

with regard to +net's/bank's DD guarantee:
"This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits/  If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Plusnet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Plusnet plc to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.  If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Plusnet plc or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.  If you received a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Plusnet plc asks you to.  You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us."
I have cancelled my DD and advised +net via one of my 3 'open' tickets,  If they  take the money I shall expect, and persue, a "full and immediate refund" in accordance with their guarantee.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

PN's idea of full and immediate is not the same as any body else, the will not initiate the refund until they have the money in their grubby hands, they then claim it takes another 10 days to get back to your bank
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some can be a lot quicker
matt_2k34
Grafter

@pierre,
Foolish. A return via paypal is processed instantly by paypal (they basically reverse the transaction)
There is NO comparison to Paypal and a Direct Debit instruction WHATSOEVER. They're totally different.
Regards
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not foolish at all if Maplin can organise their accounts to do that, why do PN ignore the Direct Debit guarantee and take nearly 20 days?
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
We don't ignore the DD guarantee at all. We couldn't if we wanted to.
The full and immediate refund mentioned is claimed from your bank, who then contact us to say the payment has been returned to the customer.
@kissack, looking at your invoice you'll get a refund for everything except the call charges. There's no need to raise a 4th ticket to arrange this.
matt_2k34
Grafter

if Maplin can organise their accounts to do that,

It is PAYPAL. When a refund is issued a transaction is reversed, NOTHING MORE. this is why its done almost "instantly". If you had a refund to your Bank via Maplin, it takes several days...Trust me i know  Angry
Regards
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my dealings were with Maplin and not Paypal who were just the conveyor of the money.  I noticed an error on Maplins part on  the 2nd, contacted hem and got the refund on the 4th. 

PN on the other hand wont initiate a refund until they have the money in there account, 3 working days from the e-mail plus about another 5 working days from when the bank take it from your account then a delay on PN's part before it gets back in your bank
There are a lot of incidents of this nature on this forum, and people who have used the direct debit guarantee have found that PN stops there BB because of failed payments
I know it wont happen like that , as the OP is leaving, but he will still owe money and only wants a partial refund