cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening and weekend call charges

XRN

Evening and weekend call charges

I am on an evening and weekend free call package which is supposed to be free after 7pm but whenever I make a landline call just before 7pm and talk till 7:15 the whole call is billed at before 7pm rate.  If it is free after 7 then why aren't the 15 minutes used after 7 free and just the ones before 7 billed?
3 REPLIES 3
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Evening and weekend call charges

That is not how the PlusNet / BT System works, to get a Free call you must Phone who ever after 19:00 for up to 59 minutes or you will be billed for the whole call.
Hope that helps.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not according to the T's&C's MC which can be found under Legal, here in the section marked Call charges for Plusnet Talk Calling Plans in paragraph 6.
This is the way I've always believed the charging to work (and for most providers). The only difference being if you start a call in the inclusive period and run into the charging period, you don't get charged a set up fee, and that is the way it has worked for me in the past, albeit some while ago.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Midnight
That is not how the PlusNet / BT System works, to get a Free call you must Phone who ever after 19:00 for up to 59 minutes or you will be billed for the whole call.

That's not correct.
@XRN - You haven't been charged for the full duration of the call.