cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on the dashboard page of my account.

FIXED
brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Errors on the dashboard page of my account.

I've tried to resolve this issue by phone with little success. Basically the nub of my query is that the above page on my account first of all suggests that I have no contract as the dates seem to have been taken from my previous contract & not my current one. The only thing that is correct is my currently billed charges of £17.77 per month.

The monthly cost is down as £220.80 pm & the BT Sport app at £10 pm making a total of £230.80 pm for "Unlimited Fibre including Line Rental". I have a screen print which I can supply.

This is further messed up because I have for a number of years been paying via Line Rental Saver which is now being discontinued. This ends on 23rd March 2022 when the current monthly charge will be applied which I understand is £21.22 pm making a grand total in future of £38.99 pm (although it seems to suggest the line rental will begin from the March date whereas for the Broadband & BT Sport is from last year ending 23/09/2023.

I'd be grateful for some clarity about the monthly amount as I'll find it hard to pay £230.80 pm as I'm of pensionable age & it seems a tad steep for your basic FTTC service compared to other providers. This all seems a bit much as I've been with you for around 7 years & ramping up charges like this goes way beyond current inflation rates +. I'm assuming that there is some error on my dashboard display from your site updates a few weeks ago.

If there is no error I shall have to reluctantly consider going elsewhere.

Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.
7 REPLIES 7
C1Rider
Grafter

Re: Errors on the dashboard page of my account.

FYI;

I had an error on my dashboard as well when I checked from my phone;  logging in from my PC showed the correct info.

Logging back in from my phone showed the error had disappeared.  This happened yesterday.

Regards..

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I also had an error regarding my current contract on the home page of the Member Centre. This appeared after the revamp of that page and whist the amounts were correct, the contract dates were given for a contract dated 2018 to 2019! So clearly rubbish. There was a thread elsewhere on the forums regarding these errors and it was said to be a known issue that was being addressed.

My bill has been generated today and the page is now showing correct details for both amount and contract dates, so hopefully sorted as far as my account is concerned. Therefore with some luck Plusnet might be getting om top of the problem. I will be keeping an eye on it.

C1Rider
Grafter

That's the same error I had.

Regards..

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Update:

Today, the contract information has reverted to the previous erroneous data, so something is clearly wrong with the coding on the revamped home page.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @brush6136

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry about this. The billing on your account won't be affected here and your contract will continue as is. 

We're aware of the matter, and our Digital Team are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thanks for that Adam. I don't know where your software developers earned their spurs but in my working life we did unit testing then link testing then system testing until we were sure the software was working properly before release. This current situation looks like a dog's dinner with customers being used as beta testers & it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened just the first time I've had to report something like this as this one is so bad.
Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Evidence from elsewhere suggests that what is displayed is variable by browser and operating system, suggesting that something odd is happening in some configurations.  For example these pages when viewed in the same version of MS edge running on Win10 and Win11 deliver different results.

Different browsers on Win10 deliver different results.

The combination of browsers and operating platforms is legion ... how many environmental combinations did you do in your system testing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.