Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with renewal

FIXED
marly

Error with renewal

Hello, 

I renewed my contract online,  three weeks before the last one ended,  and the change still hasn't gone through.  I have now got a large bill at the 'out of contract' price (the payment hasn't gone through yet).

My dashboard has this message:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

I have noticed other posts similar to my issue,  hopefully there is a member of staff about Smiley

Cheers,
Marly

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Error with renewal

There are various reasons for this this scenario most related to responses from BT's B2B systems not being received or not being handled cleanly.  The usual cause of responses not being received, is that an order disappeared in a BT black hole so no response was ever sent.

Inspecting your ticket history - see the link below - might offer some insight.  Calling support might be the best way forward, of recent times call answering has been excellent.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

marly

Thank you Townman.

It seems a phonecall is in order!  I checked the 'tickets' you linked and the renewal of contract is there, 08/05,  and it states that the new contract will begin 09/05.  Then there is nothing else regarding the contract (marketing prefs and new bill are there).  It seems it has fallen into a black hole.

I shall call when I have the time,  I'm sure they will sort it out.

Thanks again for your insight.

Marly

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @marly 

I've manually completed the renewal and credited your account with the overcharge.

Really sorry it didn't go through smoothly. Let me know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
marly

Hello Gandalf,

Thank you very much that seems to have solved the issue.  I have checked my dashboard and it shows the new contract properly.  I am grateful for the credit on my next bill for the overcharge.

Thanks again,

Marly